460 Ford Forum - View Single Post - Edelbrock Head 557 Testing
View Single Post
post #31 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to NITROUS FORD

well seems to me taxman that no matter how we go 2 bolt 4bolt block were still at limit with the block or crank we have! seeing that a A460 block is out of the question for me and you at the moment,we are working with-in a hp limit anyway of what we have! so if you have a scat 9000 cast crank that is good for 800-1000hp, the stock block is only good with in those limits anyway! so putting a forged crank in a block that can only take 800-1000hp is over kill to me. unless you are moving up to a eliminator block or A460 block! so to me you might as well build a motor based on what the block and crank can handle! guess I will be building my motor based on all the experience of the people on here and from bbf guys in my city who i'v e seen run with these parts! so any thing over 1000hp with a stock block your playing Russian ruellet with your motor and money! guess I will be ordering my 4.500 scat crank building me a 750-830hp motor no spray, and just go have fun! just me thing out loud! how much did your motor make on the dyno!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome