460 Ford Forum banner

What are you guys running for belt setup?

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  4604X4 
#1 ·
I'm trying to put a bbf in my fox it has a v belt setup now looks like crap want to run a serptine or cog belt setup can't find anything online.

I have a cog setup for a sbf won't work id of the pulleys to small, and the eBay cog setups look to be the same pulleys. What are you guys running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
#3 ·
You'll find everything you are looking for here:

Billet Aluminum Pulleys and Brackets for Ford, Chevy, Pontiac and Chrysler (Dodge)

The Beast 8 Track Serpentine Conversion Systems for Ford Big Block engines

I have multiple clients using this company's product with good feedback. I will be using them on my 1976 Thunderbird to clean up the front of the engine and shed weight.

Hope this helps.

S

Thanks for the info Nice kit but that's a pretty penny for 3 pulleys lol trying to find cheaper then that.

#5 ·
The OEM brackets and pulleys can look quite nice when properly prepped and painted.

We are occasionally asked to fully dress a crate engine and have to dip into our stash of parts which is almost gone at this point.

S

Attachments

#6 ·
The OEM brackets and pulleys can look quite nice when properly prepped and painted.

We are occasionally asked to fully dress a crate engine and have to dip into our stash of parts which is almost gone at this point.

S

I'll have to look around I'm only running water pump & alternator, shame they don't make cheaper pulleys $340 is nuts for $20 in metal.

#8 · (Edited)
You're not going to find a cheaper set up than what Scott posted, unless someone gives you a kit for free. I was going to suggest the same set up that I run from March, but if $264 for billet pulleys, brackets, and all the necessary spacers, adjusters, and bolts is too expensive, you're going to have to scrounge and get lucky. Stock stuff costs more if you can find it all, usually, and isn't nearly as pretty.

Lucas

#9 ·
You're not going to find q cheaper set up than what Scott posted, unless someone gives you a kit for free. I was going to suggest the same set up that I run from March, but if $284 for billet pulleys, brackets, and all the necessary spacers, adjusters, and bolts is too expensive, you're going to have to scrounge and get lucky. Stock stuff costs more if you can find it all, usually, and isn't nearly as pretty.

Lucas

I was shocked as I scanned ebay last evening. The prices being asked for oem brackets and pulleys was out of the park imo.
That being said I wasn't charging enough lol. :grin:

S

#12 ·
Spend the money on the premade kit..

I messed around for a while adapting some original brackets to work with the help of another forum member. I'm sure I have 3-400 in mine after trying a few times and it's still not as nice as what you'd get in a kit. The headaches involved with rigging something to work right and then to make it cosmetically decent make it well worth spending the money.

#14 ·
If you have the room in your engine bay, the 1990 F-series with 7.5L has a dual belt serpentine system. You might be able to get the brackets at a salvage yard.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.