Mild Turbo Build
Hello all from Warner Robins, GA
First post, but have been a member for a few months. Looking for advice on a "junkyard" turbo build. Here's the details...
1. Intended use will be primarily street, will probably never see the track. Just stoplights and wow factor.
2. Vehicle is a 1972 F100 short wheelbase; crown vic front suspension; Explorer 8.8 rear w/ 3.73 track-lok 31 spline axles flipped w/ leafs, planning on triangulated 4-link w/coilovers.
Transmission is stock for now C6.
3. Fuel desired is pump gas 93 octane.
4. Budget for turbo engine build is approx $5k with more as needed.
5. Engine is 460 from 1979 f150 (dad's)
Plan so far is stock crank, maybe forged rods if necessary, and forged dish pistons. Refresh the stock heads with a turbo cam installed. Single plane intake & 850 cfm blow thru carb. Looking for approx 700whp. Heart is set on building a twin turbo engine. Will need pointers on fuel system setup as well.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.