460Ford.com Possible Changes?? - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

5Likes
  • 1 Post By MrScharfenberger
  • 3 Post By CarsByCarl
  • 1 Post By MrScharfenberger

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)

460Ford.com Possible Changes??

OK... guys. Since the format change and password complexity was implemented on this website it seems to me that use has gone way down. There isn't much we can do about that but we could possibly reorganize some of the information. Example: "Engine Tech Archive" and "Engine Build Archive" are not being used the way the original moderators intended. They are essentially extensions of the "Engine Tech" section. Question: Should we lock down the archive sections and make them searchable archive sections? Should we have users request that particularly good thread(s) be placed into the archive section?

Does anybody have any ideas about possible new sections? Lets hear your ideas on how we might want to restructure some things. ...or should we just leave well enough alone?

Lets hear your feedback.

Send Questions To: Chris@MrScharfenberger.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScharfenberger View Post
OK... guys. Since the format change and password complexity was implemented on this website it seems to me that use has gone way down. There isn't much we can do about that but we could possibly reorganize some of the information. Example: "Engine Tech Archive" and "Engine Build Archive" are not being used the way the original moderators intended. They are essentially extensions of the "Engine Tech" section. Question: Should we lock down the archive sections and make them searchable archive sections? Should we have users request that particularly good thread(s) be placed into the archive section?

Does anybody have any ideas about possible new sections? Lets hear your ideas on how we might want to restructure some things. ...or should we just leave well enough alone?

Lets hear your feedback.

I know of at least 15 maybe 20 people who gave up trying their password,and wont be back.

Katie still doesn't have one,she will give up soon also

put a search button at the top of the page,that works would be nice.

changing this place lost a lot of people

RICH
CIRCLE (R) 815 712 8738
--------------------------------
815-712-8738
BUY,SELL, or TRADE B B FORD parts
Dynoed or Test ran
CLYINDER HEAD PORTING
COMPLETE ENGINES avb
From STOCK to NOT
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS 429 View Post
I know of at least 15 maybe 20 people who gave up trying their password,and wont be back.

Katie still doesn't have one,she will give up soon also

put a search button at the top of the page,that works would be nice.

changing this place lost a lot of people
Do you happen to have eMail addresses or know the user names of the 15 to 20 people? If so send them to me in a P.M. I will do my best to get them back in. Give me what you can think of please...

EDIT: If anybody else knows of a user that can't get in and has been trying please send a P.M. to me or you can also eMail me directly at Chris@MrScharfenberger.com and let me know their user name and/or eMail address.

This site was busy as ever once. I'd like to try to revive it if possible. They gave me the keys to the site so I can make some things happen.
gregaust likes this.

Last edited by MrScharfenberger; 05-11-2017 at 08:14 AM.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Do you happen to have eMail addresses or know the user names of the 15 to 20 people? If so send them to me in a P.M. I will do my best to get them back in. Give me what you can think of please...

EDIT: If anybody else knows of a user that can't get in and has been trying please send a P.M. to me or you can also eMail me directly at Chris@MrScharfenberger.com and let me know their user name and/or eMail address.

This site was busy as ever once. I'd like to try to revive it if possible. They gave me the keys to the site so I can make some things happen.
pick about anyone who has not posted for the last 6 or 8 months send them a pm.

, most of these guys i talk to on other fourms, most dont care anymore

RICH
CIRCLE (R) 815 712 8738
815-712-8738
Dynoed or Test ran
CLYINDER HEAD PORTING
COMPLETE ENGINES avb
From STOCK to NOT
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
pick about anyone who has not posted for the last 6 or 8 months send them a pm.

, most of these guys i talk to on other fourms, most dont care anymore
X 2...

Mike Stevens
Member of "The Band of Brothers"
2011 American Swingarm, 615" A Head
Engine built by Oakley MotorSports...
1.008,4.55 @ 153.06
Eliminator Products dealer
Thanks "Geez." RIP
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

OK...

There doesn't seem to be any input on how things might be changed for the better so I am going to let it go and not worry about it.

C.S.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
OK...

There doesn't seem to be any input on how things might be changed for the better so I am going to let it go and not worry about it.

C.S.
because theres no one here any more, the ones that prob care CANT,WONT,OR dont know how to get in here because of all the password probs.

want more people? change it back to how it was.

but that wont happen,and Its probably too late now any way. change is not always a good thing

RICH
CIRCLE (R) 815 712 8738
815-712-8738
Dynoed or Test ran
CLYINDER HEAD PORTING
COMPLETE ENGINES avb
From STOCK to NOT
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 09:38 AM

I told ya what to do, pm anyone who use to post who hasn't since the change, ask them if the need a new password.

this will bring some back, You have the ball, run with it

RICH
CIRCLE (R) 815 712 8738
815-712-8738
Dynoed or Test ran
CLYINDER HEAD PORTING
COMPLETE ENGINES avb
From STOCK to NOT
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
OK...

C.S.
Ya know, I really don't get all the bitching and moaning. It's just not that hard. I like the new format. I like seeing other people's cars in the "garage" area every time I open the page. I like being able to see active topics listed on the home page so I don't have to click through a bunch of pages. I like being able to "like" people's comments.

Aside from the general fact of people using forums less these days because of Facebook etc., our particular niche has it's own problems. These engines went out of production 20 years ago. There hasn't been a performance oriented car with this engine in 35+ years. We have an aging demographic without a lot of "new blood", and the average car guy just doesn't have the kind of money they did 5-10-15 years ago. Just as the middle class is disappearing in America, so is the weekend/sportsman enthusiast, imho.

As a friend said to me not long ago, "you've spent the last 30 years becoming an expert in VCR repair". It's all about power adders, and plug-n-play engines from the junkyard now.

gregaust, TARA-fied and bajarick like this.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
I told ya what to do, pm anyone who use to post who hasn't since the change, ask them if the need a new password.

this will bring some back, You have the ball, run with it
I didn't ask to be "told" what to do. I asked for specific usernames and I had no useful replies for that. I don't have access directly to the database so querying it for usernames with last login dates is impossible. I don't have the time to devote to sit down and start clicking on 20,000++ users and look at their last log in times on their individual user statistics page. Unless somebody has specific information to volunteer I'm not going to get it done. If you do have a username that has not been on in a while let me know and I'll make that attempt.

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsByCarl View Post
Ya know, I really don't get all the bitching and moaning. It's just not that hard. I like the new format. I like seeing other people's cars in the "garage" area every time I open the page. I like being able to see active topics listed on the home page so I don't have to click through a bunch of pages. I like being able to "like" people's comments.

Aside from the general fact of people using forums less these days because of Facebook etc., our particular niche has it's own problems. These engines went out of production 20 years ago. There hasn't been a performance oriented car with this engine in 35+ years. We have an aging demographic without a lot of "new blood", and the average car guy just doesn't have the kind of money they did 5-10-15 years ago. Just as the middle class is disappearing in America, so is the weekend/sportsman enthusiast, imho.

As a friend said to me not long ago, "you've spent the last 30 years becoming an expert in VCR repair". It's all about power adders, and plug-n-play engines from the junkyard now.

This is all very, very true.
bajarick likes this.

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
I didn't ask to be "told" what to do. I asked for specific usernames and I had no useful replies for that. I don't have access directly to the database so querying it for usernames with last login dates is impossible. I don't have the time to devote to sit down and start clicking on 20,000++ users and look at their last log in times on their individual user statistics page. Unless somebody has specific information to volunteer I'm not going to get it done. If you do have a username that has not been on in a while let me know and I'll make that attempt.

then nothing will change

RICH
CIRCLE (R) 815 712 8738
815-712-8738
Dynoed or Test ran
CLYINDER HEAD PORTING
COMPLETE ENGINES avb
From STOCK to NOT
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsByCarl View Post

I think a lot of the gripe is because it seems that Vertical Scope largely ignored their smaller forums like this one, and due to that many folks just moved on. They were pretty piss poor helping folks on the bigger ones too.

You're absolutely right about the aging demographic. I like old school naturally aspirated stuff and learning about real engine building, but these days it's all about brand X junkyard engines and chinese turbochargers for people with smaller wallets, and the aftermarket reflects that. Hell, watched some of the Power Tour this year and the majority of cars out there were running the same drivetrain. My best friend is a hardcore Chevy guy and he won't even touch a SBC anymore.

-Dave

1983 F-250 4x4- TBI 472, NP435, twin stick NP205, D60 front/10.25 rear, 37s
1983 Mercury Capri 466/C6- Getting closer
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)

My fav saying from the movie lock up........."it ain't dead, untill it's buried"...........long live the 460!!

ps- Chris can you get back "RMCOMPRANDY"......?

Cheers, Bob.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.