460 Ford Forum banner

Information on heads

3K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  Crucialprospect 
#1 ·
Hey guys, building a mild 460 for towing, I have a older set of take off heads I'd like to get some info on. They have been ported, I can measure the valves, and have factory bolt on pedestals. The only info I have on the port job is a hand written flow sheet I'm having a hard time making sense of.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
If there is any math involved, I'm sure there is, if I take that top number on top " int 295" and multiply it by the decimal numbers, that replicates what they got for 254cfm at 500 lift.

295x.85=253.7~254

If this is the case what is 295 representing and what are the decimal numbers representing?

And finally, is 254 cfm at .500 any decent? And on the exhaust side 174cfm at .500?

#9 · (Edited)
Numbers on the left are lift. The rest, looks like some sort of non-standard or home-brewed flow measuring devise that was then converted to 28" depression or something on the far right. Maybe before and after porting numbers on the middle and right hand columns....kind of looks like it with 139cfm before and 174cfm after noted on the exhaust.

At the end of the day, ~270/170 is pretty typical of a mild port job on D3's, and far better than stock. As I said before, for your application, they're fine. Even stock un-ported heads are fine. Run em.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.