429 SCJ Boss 429 Manifolds- Block-Crank-Rods - 460 Ford Forum
The Auction Block Buy, Sell, Trade your parts and pieces!!

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
429 SCJ Boss 429 Manifolds- Block-Crank-Rods

Cast Iron 429 SCJ Intake manifold D00E-8426-C marine take off never run $200.00 OBO + shipping

Boss 429 Wieand Tunnel Ram ported/polished fits 2 Holley 4500 series Dominator carbs (not included) $875.00 OBO + shipping

Nascar Boss 429 [R] bare block - stock bore - cooper seal o ring grooves in deck of block - I bought this block from Mickey Thompson when he was clearing out his Long Beach shop about 1982 he was involved with Ford's nascar program - this block had some damage on one pan rail from tossing a rod at Daytona.I had the machine shop repair that clean it and mag test it (passed). $5000.00 OBO + shipping

Nascar Boss 429 Forged Steel crank -standard mains -0.10 under rods was damaged in above block repaired mag tested "OK" $1200.00 + shipping

Nascar Boss 429 C9AX-B forged rods oil hole in the middle of the rod, 1/2" rod bolts $1200.00 OBO + shipping
allfordblue is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,730
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by allfordblue View Post
Cast Iron 429 SCJ Intake manifold D00E-8426-C marine take off never run $200.00 OBO + shipping

Boss 429 Wieand Tunnel Ram ported/polished fits 2 Holley 4500 series Dominator carbs (not included) $875.00 OBO + shipping

Nascar Boss 429 [R] bare block - stock bore - cooper seal o ring grooves in deck of block - I bought this block from Mickey Thompson when he was clearing out his Long Beach shop about 1982 he was involved with Ford's nascar program - this block had some damage on one pan rail from tossing a rod at Daytona.I had the machine shop repair that clean it and mag test it (passed). $5000.00 OBO + shipping

Nascar Boss 429 Forged Steel crank -standard mains -0.10 under rods was damaged in above block repaired mag tested "OK" $1200.00 + shipping

Nascar Boss 429 C9AX-B forged rods oil hole in the middle of the rod, 1/2" rod bolts $1200.00 OBO + shipping
Your parts , so you can ask whatever you want. Do you know what current price is for BBF new race parts example New top of the line Elim. iron block $3000 , just to give you an idea .
2slow is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Senior Member
 
CarsByCarl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Colorado Springs, CO.
Posts: 5,166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slow View Post
Your parts , so you can ask whatever you want. Do you know what current price is for BBF new race parts example New top of the line Elim. iron block $3000 , just to give you an idea .
That's like comparing the price of an original Shelby Cobra to a reproduction.

Your one stop shop for BBF engines and parts
Master dealer for Lunati and Diamond
Warehouse distributor for AFR, Racetec, Quickfuel, Holley, Edelbrock, Phenix, and most other speed parts
CarsByCarl is offline  
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,730
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
sorry I said anything . looks like you have a few buyers here . they know the parts will sell here in a week or so .
2slow is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Parts prices

It is true that you can buy some great new parts out there for a good price. What I have has not been in production since the 1969 race season, trying to figure out what this stuff is worth is kinda tough. If some one is a big nascar fan and is putting together a 1969 or 1970 torino as built back in the day these parts are for them. The crank ,rods & block will also work in in street Boss 429. When pricing stuff I would think it best to start out to high then to low - I am open to offers - haggle is the game when you are not a retail store.
allfordblue is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Junior Member
 
turbodnotch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canton
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry b. View Post
Well just go ahead and buy the new race stuff then, I would not give way my rare parts to someone who don't know what they are worth.

HB
if you put the "new' stuff in a BOSS 429 you are restoring,the car is worthless compared to having the correct block..etc. And those blocks are different then standard 429 and RARE!!! Thats why he is asking more than your new stuff. understand now??

Coming Soon:501ci w/turbo
turbodnotch is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 01:49 AM
Senior Member
 
fordman59's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Orleans Indiana
Posts: 1,297
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodnotch View Post
if you put the "new' stuff in a BOSS 429 you are restoring,the car is worthless compared to having the correct block..etc. And those blocks are different then standard 429 and RARE!!! Thats why he is asking more than your new stuff. understand now??
Yup, but I wouldn't say worthless, just worth less. just picking on ya dude.
Anyway, the block he is advertising was never used in a factory application and won't have a VIN on it (someone correct me if wrong, going on memory).
Block for sale is a NASCAR block.
Some differences are, larger bolts in the outboard of the front main cap. Deck grooved for O ring. Larger relief for exhaust push-rods.

No comment on a value, cause it's value is what it ends up selling for.

1972 torino 460 c-6
1988 turbo coupe, 1978 f150 460/c6
fordman59 is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 08:57 AM
Junior Member
 
turbodnotch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canton
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry b. View Post
I so glad your so smart, not! I was defending his asking prices.


HB
Sorry,qouted wrong guy..my bad.

Coming Soon:501ci w/turbo
turbodnotch is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 09:01 AM
Junior Member
 
turbodnotch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canton
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordman59 View Post
Yup, but I wouldn't say worthless, just worth less. just picking on ya dude.
Anyway, the block he is advertising was never used in a factory application and won't have a VIN on it (someone correct me if wrong, going on memory).
Block for sale is a NASCAR block.
Some differences are, larger bolts in the outboard of the front main cap. Deck grooved for O ring. Larger relief for exhaust push-rods.

No comment on a value, cause it's value is what it ends up selling for.
well,since i just sold my last Boss 9 in 2007( it was red with 4300 orig miles, #1412) I believe they made what was considered an "S" and a "T" but the blocks were the same in both motors. Here is a pic of the car, which the new owner recently put on ebay for 500K. This guys parts are worth every penny if your restoring one of these.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dads old boss.jpg (5.3 KB, 15 views)

Coming Soon:501ci w/turbo
turbodnotch is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Senior Member
 
fordman59's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Orleans Indiana
Posts: 1,297
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodnotch View Post
well,since i just sold my last Boss 9 in 2007( it was red with 4300 orig miles, #1412) I believe they made what was considered an "S" and a "T" but the blocks were the same in both motors. Here is a pic of the car, which the new owner recently put on ebay for 500K. This guys parts are worth every penny if your restoring one of these.
Better get more info. NASCAR racing block, not the NASCAR production version, is different. Try a Google search on "NASCAR Boss 429 for racing". There are more than just the production car block. The block used by H&M for RACING. They never came in a production car.
I worked with a small time parts reseller back in the '80s. I am not a B9 expert. I have seen a few (maybe 20 or so) production and NASCAR blocks, but not all of them. We had several blocks that had a XE part #. One had 4 bolts on all 5 mains. I still have the H&M cam that was in it.
I suggest starting a different thread. This is the auction block!

1972 torino 460 c-6
1988 turbo coupe, 1978 f150 460/c6
fordman59 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome