460 Ford Forum banner

Blue Thunder dual quad intake wanted 2-4V

5K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  DanE 
#1 ·
I am looking for a Blue Thunder dual quad intake for the CJ SCJ heads. Would like to have good used, but will to go new depending on the price. Please let me know what you have.

#7 ·
I have not done any research, but you might want to take a look at the newer ProComp Speedmaster, or whatever they are calling it dual quad intake. Maybe see what people are saying.

#8 ·
After the one thread I read where the guy had big problems with his due to perosity or some other defect no thanks. I try not to by China junk and this is kind of a nostalgia type deal that only a Blue Thunder intake a Ford 427 air cleaner and CJ valve covers would do even if it cost more. Some old school M/T valve covers might pass the looks test too. Thanks for the suggestion though.

#11 ·
Be careful what you ask for.

I have an Edelbrock 50665 (Torker II for injection) and it leaks like a sieve at the front china wall.

The lip on the front of the manifold behind the distributor is too far back, so it leaves a gap over the china wall of about 1/8". There's no way that could be sealed with silicon from a tube.

I had to fabricate an L-shaped piece of thin aluminum and apply multiple coats of the good Ford diesel sealant to make it oil tight.

I e-mailed with Edelbrock and they said it was "designed correctly." NOT

All they had to do was try it on a block and the problem is obvious. They weren't willing to do that.

The front lip on the manifold needs to be extended forward by 3/16" at least.

So be careful what you ask for. Edelbrock can make problem stuff too.

Sigh,

Tom

#14 ·
I HAD A BLUE THUNDER 8V MANIFOLD ON MY 532 CID. I DON'T THINK THEY MAKE ONE WITH THE CJ SIZE PORTS SO I GASKET MATCHED MINE ALMOST TO CJ GASKETS AND POLISHED IT, WORKED AND LOOKED GREAT!
SAW THE SAME ONE LISTED ON E-BAY LAST NIGHT @ $650

YELLOW FEVER
1969 MUSTANG MACH 1 PRO-STREET 532 CID. 8V 4 SP.
2003 FORD EXCURSION 7.3

#20 · (Edited)
I will probably have to do the same with the 450 mechanicals or I will likely get a bad bog. I guess you could put 50cc pumps on them and big shooters to bandaid it if you wanted a full hit. The 600 Edelbrocks I had 1x1 with no problems and one accelerator pump disconnected on the 351W 4speed. It was like a 500 or less cfm 2 barrel dropping in when I hit it, no bog.

Holley 0 9776 Model 4160 Adjustable Float Carb 450CFM Tunnel RAM Carb Used | eBay

No secondary pumps, if you did not know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.