460 Ford Forum banner

The official pay it forward thread.

7K views 34 replies 18 participants last post by  88ragtop 
#1 ·
Mods please sticky this.

The rules are easy, you can not accept any money other than to cover shipping. No buying or selling, horse trading is ok. If you have something you're willing to give away for free or trade post it here, if you're needing a part and are willing to trade post it here, all trades must be straight across. Someday you might get something you need.

I'll start it off. I gave Norton a stock 4bbl intake and I gave thermod a power steering resorvoir.

#2 · (Edited)
Ok, I'll bite.
I've got a set of D0VE C's that are heavily ported, 2.225" sized intakes, 1.76" size exhausts (No valves, well I do (stainless) but they came from Chris S and the exhaust have kissed the pistons, take 'em if you want 'em). Bronze guides. Milled pedestals. I'm pretty sure that I've got a set of 3/8" guide plates, studs, a NEW set of 3/8" .080" stock length (Crane I think) push rods, dual springs, I think 10* retainers for them.
I ran them last on a pump gas 514" in my boat and broke off an exhaust valve, beat up one chamber a little, not bad at all. They have been pressure checked and passed. The one chamber will need seat work and a little smoothing in that chamber. Basically stock sized chamber. These ran like banshees on the pump gas motor.

I could use an A-460 dual quad tunnel Ram........Whatcha' got?

Rob

#3 ·
Texican came through for me..Thanks!

It appears that there has been a small demand for a timing cover type dipstick. I have a 1968 model,good cond.,obviously used very little...that I'll offer up for nuthin to the 1st PM with your name address. Might also have the tube if you need it.

#6 ·
Hate to throw out, Any interest in a 2 bolt D0VE A block w/caps and a cast OE 4.140 stroke 2.2 crank damaged 4-8 journal... block damaged at 4 and 8 water jacket and pan rails. Comes with vented oil pan.. Probably not worth shipping. located in east central Minnesota. What you got!!

I would like to find a D0OE OE cast CJ intake to fit square bore Holley also found on some marine and some industrial apps.

#10 · (Edited)
White Lightning.....
I have quite a bit of stuff to much to mention!! In the middle of a couple builds,
Are You looking for anything specific?
Is your intake the CJ port size?[/QUOTE]

Yessir it is.

How about a set of roller lifters? Maybe a double roller timing set? TF dual quad intake? A-head intake gaskets?

Rob

#11 ·
bellhousing swap?

i have a 460 stick bellhousing with fork i would like to trade for a ford small block bellhousing. will be going between a 300 i6 and np435 transmission in my f250. would expect the small block one to come with it's fork as well

#13 ·
i have a 460 stick bellhousing with fork i would like to trade for a ford small block bellhousing. will be going between a 300 i6 and np435 transmission in my f250. would expect the small block one to come with it's fork as well
Is your 460 bell steel or aluminum?
And, measure your trans for bolt size, bolt pattern and big hole for comparison to a bell I have. I have a top loader stuffed into it as a stand.

Attachments

#19 ·
1988 Stock 460 Truck Rods

They came out of a 1988 F-250. They still have the stock pistons on them. I think the pistons are probably junk. Motor smoked badly but never blew up. It started and ran until I pulled it. If you pay shipping you can have all 8 of everything. Rod caps & hardware included of course.

If you want to pick them up I'll give them to you.

Georgetown Indiana, 47122

Send a PM if interested. It may be a while before I check this thread again.

#21 ·
I have a Chet Herbert solid flat Tappet cam duration @.050 254I 265E 290-300 advertised 612-629 lift with 1.73 rocker ratio on 108 lsa new lifters from Chet Herbert and the crowers that I ran with the cam. Low run time. Went roller. 573 406 2436. Can send pics. Pay for the ride. Thanks to op for this thread. Who knows, may need something myself some day!!!

#24 · (Edited)
Transmission Cross Member

Update 5/19/2016
GONE!! No Longer Available. A Member Has Claimed The Crossmember.

I have a Ford Racing transmission crossmember for a Foxbody that I used a C6 with. I enlarged the bolt slots a bit and the end bushings are welded in place already. Could easily work for somebody else and is in good shape. Free to good home if you pay shipping.

If interested send a P.M. I may not check this thread for a while.

#26 ·
Update 5/19/2016
GONE!! No Longer Available. A Member Has Claimed The Crossmember.

I have a Ford Racing transmission crossmember for a Foxbody that I used a C6 with. I enlarged the bolt slots a bit and the end bushings are welded in place already. Could easily work for somebody else and is in good shape. Free to good home if you pay shipping.

If interested send a P.M. I may not check this thread for a while.

#25 · (Edited)
Gaskets are gone and are no longer available!

I have a set of each Fel-Pro 1420 and 1231 gaskets free to whom ever would like them? Both sets have been opened and used for comparison purposes only and are in perfect usable shape! You pay the ride and they're yours!

Thanks,
Mike

#29 · (Edited)
Strange 9 inch pinion yoke. Slightly damaged but usable.

I have a Strange 9 inch pinion yoke I'll let somebody have. It has a small amount of damage but it is usable. I broke a u-joint on the line and one of the bolt holes is slightly mis-shaped. The u-joint still fits in the seat and the bolt still goes in and out with a little more effort than the other 3 holes. I would sell it but due to the slight damage I just don't want to do that so I've decided to give it to somebody that needs one. It should work just fine. If you pay the ride it is yours. It ought to fit in the smallest priority mail box (not envelope) so whatever they charge for that is what shipping will be. I think these sell for $100 or $150 new.

If interested send me P.M. I may not check this thread again for a while.

First come first serve.

#30 ·
I have a Strange 9 inch pinion yoke I'll let somebody have. It has a small amount of damage but it is usable. I broke a u-joint on the line and one of the bolt holes is slightly mis-shaped. The u-joint still fits in the seat and the bolt still goes in and out with a little more effort than the other 3 holes. I would sell it but due to the slight damage I just don't want to do that so I've decided to give it to somebody that needs one. It should work just fine. If you pay the ride it is yours. It ought to fit in the smallest priority mail box (not envelope) so whatever they charge for that is what shipping will be. I think these sell for $100 or $150 new.

If interested send me P.M. I may not check this thread again for a while.

First come first serve.

I honestly can't believe nobody has snapped this up yet!

!!BUMP!!

#35 ·
offy tunnel ram 1x4 intake manifold trade

i have a nice offy tunnel ram with the single carb top. nothing wrong with it. i want to trade straight accross for a 1x4 180* aftermarket aluminum manifold . maybe a torker too. call me at 712-579-0447 or start a conversation. thanks,Henry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.