460 Ford Forum banner

Very new guy starting out with a Ford 460

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Redneckgurl 
#1 ·
I just purchased my first classic truck, a 1977 F150 Ranger 4X4 with a 460 7.5L V8. The truck was originally outfitted with a 400 but the guy who resorted it swapped in a 460. I am looking at doing a few upgrades, first, I want to install some long tube headers to a 12-18" capture extension and run that into an X pipe then dump the pipes before the rear axle. I will probably use 3" pipes. My question is will the long tube headers fit with the engine swap?

I also was to put in an MSD Distributor and ignition system and was wondering what more experienced guys would recommend.

Lastly I wand to Install a Fi-Tech Mean Street EFI kit.

If you have any other suggestions please let me know I am open to anything!

#3 ·
Heddman does make a header for that application. I had a set with the metal/ceramic coating. Those rusted up pretty quick. But the headers themselves fit well with no hammer modifications needed. If you get those get the ones you have to paint. They are much cheaper and fit well. They will all rust in the end

If you want a higher quality header the L&L's are hard to beat. I also had a set of these at one point. Great heavy duty product. And the Nickel coating lasts a very long time. Mine never gave out. I sold the truck before that happened. Here is a link.
L and L Products

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.