460 Ford Forum banner

C6 in foxbody

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Dukeofdiamonds 
#1 ·
For those of you that put them in I have questions regarding how much massaging to tunnel and what crossmember did you use and where to get it? I have 79 Mercury Capri I'm putting it in. Thanks for any help you can give. Oh by the way car will start with 302, yes I know big block forum, but this is my sons first car and starting out small for him. Thanks again.

#2 ·
Upper trans tunnel near the firewall will need some light massaging. Sometime its is the sides. I have done this swap several times in different cars and each car was different. I recommend dry fitting the drive train and only massaging what is needed.

In regard to cross member get a double hump fox body x member and cut the welds so it slides on the bushings or you can purchase a specific one from AJE racing to match the trans model.

Good Luck.

#7 ·
I specifically chose to use my non-ribbed case over the ribbed one I have for my Fox build. I have no worries that it will hold over 600 hp/600 lb.ft. and it'll make life a lot simpler with a stock K member.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.