460 Ford Forum banner

C6 puking fluid from front seal

886 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  dirty92lsc 
#1 ·
Hi all! I recently had my C6 built by a guy and for initial startup I poured 6 quarts of type F in and everything was fine. Went to start car a second time but, poured in a seventh quart and it started puking transmission fluid on the floor from what I imagine is the front pump seal? Not sure if I have a venting problem or what? From everything I've read a C6 should hold 10-12 quarts no problem? I am using an aftermarket transmission cooler which may cut down on capacity some but, not 3-5 quarts?

I called the guy who built the transmission for me and he took 3 days to call me back, I let him go to voicemail as I didn't really have the patience at that time to talk with him. Apparently he doesn't listen to his messages well because what he said back wasn't what I said. I waited a few to call him back and typical no answer so it's pretty safe to assume he will be of no help. That's why I'm here with you good folks.

As always the help is appreciated!

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.