460 Ford Forum banner

TBI vs carb

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Dman64 
#1 ·
Hi all. Considering getting the Holley Sniper TBI. Currently am running a street avenger 770.
Engine is .030 over
Cam at .500
234ex..224 int
.569 lift.
Has anyone gone to TBI and liked it better? More responsive? Better idling? Better Mpg?
Btw, I currently get about 10 mpg with a C6, 3.50 posi in a 4000 lb panel truck...doubt I'll get much better mpg..

#2 ·
I have the Holley terminator and like it very much. Better mpg, better idle, and just runs smoother. Mine also controls the timing which I like as well. It's one of the better systems out there, it's not true Efi but for what you buy it's a nice upgrade.

D

#4 ·
Thanks Dman...nice truck! What headers do you have? Rear sump oil pan? Do you like it in every way better than carb, or did you build it with terminator?

Thanks again

Thank you, lots of blood sweat and tears as you well know.

I have the Hedman elite ceramic coated for 1975 F-150 from summit, I used a fox swap pan on mine.

When I first had it on the road and before I tore the engine down for my build up I ran a performer and and Eddie 1411 series carb which worked well. When I built the engine I switched to the performer rpm intake and kept the 1411 and it surged and popped and just ran lean, but also recognize that with the rpm intake Edelbrock recommends a thunder series carb and not the performer series.

Do I miss a carb no? When I chassis dyno'd it after I put the terminator setup on it the power change was nil, which means a 750 carb was a good fit as this 950cfm terminator throttle bottle should technically flow more. I do like the stability better and laptop tuning as I can tweak the timing table a touch or afr table to gain mpg or power without getting a tool out. It isn't a cheap upgrade but I like it, but nothing wrong with a carb either.

Hope this helps.

D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.