460 Ford Forum banner

MAF in a blower hat

999 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Lead Head 
#1 ·
I have looked all over the internet and can not find any thing close . I want to put a blower hat (shotgun style) on a blower . But I can not find out if the sensor can be bolted to the side , bottom or top in the air flow before the filters . If using a bigger blower hat is needed , that would still be cool(guess I have to live with a bug catcher) . I want to run coil on plug and the company doing the programing say they have no problem in tuning . And If I want custom plates in Las Vegas , I have to pass smog .

#4 ·
The car is a 95 . And if I Want custom plates here in Las Vegas , I have to pass smog . And they check for lights . There is no way of bypassing the MAF and keeping the EFI on the engine . Unless someone knows a way .

#7 ·
Yeah, there's no way you'll be able to make that work with a traditional blower hat. The only way you'll be able to make this work reliable enough to get it tuned, is to have an adapter on top of the blower that converts the inlet into a traditional round throttle body.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.