460 Ford Forum banner

C-460 headed BBF into a foxbody

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  BOSS 429 
#1 ·
I done a few searches and could not find the answer to my question. How do you get a C-460 headed BBF into a 88 foxbody? It has tall valve covers so I'm concerned about master cylinder clearance. I currently have a Maxium Motorsports K member and I plan to use front and rear motor plates to mount the engine. I know it's been done over and over before. I'm just looking for someone who has already done this before.

#7 ·
I currently have a manual brake master cylinder with a Maximum Motorsposts brake pedal. Disc on front and drum on rear. I've seen a couple of fox bodies with this combo but it was years ago and I didn't really pay attention to how it was done.

I have a 521 BBF with Blue Thunder heads in a 69 MachI. However, the C heads are huge compared to the heads on the 521.

#8 ·
With the MM pedal, MM firewall master cyl adapter (not UPR or any of the others),use a mc from say an 85 Ranger manual brakes.Nice and thin,lines exit fender side. I've never actually seen a C headed deal but I can't imagine it wouldn't fit.Not simple to slide everything over but no doubt doable.

My 65 Comet with power brakes.Orig MC was directly in line with the valve cover.

Attachments

#10 ·
move the master, use a M1931 from auto zone,napa,or any other store.works great,and move the pivot point on the pedal where
the pushrod goes for the correct pedal ratio

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.