460 Ford Forum banner

89 Mustang 466 BBF

12K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  Mark Miller 
#1 ·

466ci,flat top SRP pistons,victor intake,1000 cfm holley Hp carb,Alum CJ heads,solid roller cam,C-4 transmission,Coan converter,MAC Headers,magnaflow 3" mufflers,3.73 gears and 28 X 11.5 X 15" Mickey Thompson ET Street tires.Best Et so far 11.318 at 119.460 mph in 1/4 mile,7.287 at 99.236 mph and a 1.66 60 ft.only had the car to the track 2 times so far,Later Mark.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks good Mark!! Nice and clean.

That's a good replacement for the T-Bird. I really like the notch Mustangs too:D

Bill

#14 · (Edited)
Are you using stock shocks/struts or drag? Do you have a complete build for the car anywhere on here? I know you have most of it here but anything else. I searched a little bit under your name but over a 1000 posts will take me a month to read. lol
Do you not have a roll bar/cage? I wish I didn't do an 8 pt cage, looks so much better w/o it. Any interior shots?
Thanks, Dave

Nice car by the way!!

#13 ·
Jim,

The rear wheels are 15X8" with a 5 1/2" backspacing.I copied my buddys mounts years ago,but the mounts that bolt to the block were from a 72 or 73 T-Bird with a 460.I made the metal spacer in between and the rubber mounts that bolts to the K-Member is from a 70's F-250 truck Autozone Duralast Numbers 2289 Passenger side and 2290 Drivers side $6.99 a piece at Autozone.I'm not using K-Member spacers,i could e-mail you what pictures i have of my motor mounts if interested.

Later Mark.

#16 ·
Dave,
Thanks for the compliment,im using Koni adjustable Struts on the front with the stock 4 cylinder springs.The back of the car has Strange Adjustable shocks,stock 4 cylinder springs and Granatelli weight jacker adjustable lower control arms and Granetelli upper control arms.I don't have a buildup post anywhere,i don't have a roll bar in my car i wanted to get one in it just never got around to it yet.I do have some interior pictures just get me and e-mail address and i'll send you some.

Jim,

I'll send you what motor mount pictures i have.

Later Mark.

#26 ·
Sweet ! It looks like the engine fits nice, is it a pain in the *** to pull the plugs? Is the car caged with subframe conectors. I have been kickin it around to do one of those deals or a '72 Ranchero. At this time I am not real sure what I want to do next. I have to build this seasons Comp Jet Boat as well as get the Desert truck ready for a few races. I am also going to try and ster up enough crap to make the next Bullrun deal with the Desert truck. It helps having my crew chief as a prior Bullrunner, Team Dart !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.