460 Ford Forum banner

my ride

13K views 52 replies 16 participants last post by  cobra tom 
#1 · (Edited)
just some quick pics, car has gone 9.81 in quarter to date, bb521 glide, nine inch. great street car !

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
car is run on all motor, i have a 250 nos kit for it but have yet to spray it. motor is a 521 w/ 12.8 to 1 compression, it has new style cobra jet heads that have been ported at fox lake in ohio as well as the intake. it has a 1150 aed carb and msd dist. the cam is a comp 726/726-298/304. it has a power glide trans with a 4800 ptc stall. rear end is a nine inch with 410 gears, it runs on a 28/12.50 et street and 60's @ 1.39. fuel system is a magna fuel 500.

Attachments

#12 ·
nice ride and clean car, you are wright it is very close to my engine and car build. you may be a few hundred pounds lighter though. you have the comp cam specs look like. i was going to run that cam but i dicided to go a little bigger and diff lobe seps. hoping to get my heavy car in the 5.90s later in the year when it cools down. going to put a 4.10 in it.

#20 ·
well, the first pass on spray was the last for a bit. the detroit locker took a **** and destroyed the ring gear. it was not pretty, although kinda expected. nothing better than having to load your car on the trailer with a floor jack, (makes you feel really dumb) but what the hell, if it were easy everyone would be doing it , right? anyone got a spool and some 40 splines for sale. lol - tom

#22 ·
hate to hear that. you were making way to much power for a limited slip unit. i tried that with my old 466 and it almost out me in the wall. so i put a set of 5 lug 33 splines and a spool. its works great no more issues. i am puting my 4.10s in now and will try it next thursday night. hope for some 6.0s in the heat maybe 5.90s. got to get my 60 back down and it will go.

#23 ·
yeah, i knew i was on borrowed time with the rearend, just starting my family so funds are tight for a bit but i'll get it back together soon. it seems you are well on your way with your car, badass, keep me posted on how it runs thursday / gl - tom

#26 ·
yes, thursday of last week. no good runs, the car kept blowing the tires off and it was all over the track. i have some vids i will post this weekend but i did get a good 60 on one pass 1.36 but the car started running out of gas before the 330. my fault. i run only 2 gallons at a time and did not check it because the 1st 2 passes were blow offs. the gears put my shift points in the right place and picked up .03 on the 60 ft. doing some changes to the rear end suspension. i have the s/s lowers on now and they are planting the tires too hard. the car hooks but soon as the front tires hit the ground they unload the the rears. so im going with the upr lowers and a anti roll bar. i have the upr uppers on now. changing to a stiff wall tire also. hope to be back out in 2 -3 weeks. it still went a 6.15 all over the track spinning with a 1.39 60 ft. on the only full pass. it had to take power out to get down the track. track was not good either. still on the 5 second quest. i know it will do it when the weather breaks. nuff of mine, so how you coming with yours.

#27 ·
finally got the car to the track last sat, it went 1.27 in the 60, 3.68 to the 330, 5.7108 to the 8th@120 mph, 7.4880 to the 1000ft, @135 where it was on the limiter, to an overall 9.0371 @ 142.77. i'm currently running a 410 with a 7000 pill in the box and hit the damn limiter at the 1000, i'm droping back to a 370 gear and hopefully i can get my 8 something pass to end the season, oh yeah, this was done on a 150 shot, i think i'm going to hit it with 225 and see if my et streets will still stay hooked - lol tom

#30 ·
Those are some good numbers man. she runs good on the gas. i have not shot mine yet, just got a bigger fuel pump and the rear susp. upgrades done. hope to be out soon. i want 5s on muscle before i shoot it with a 180 shot. you got any video of the pass? how are you keeping the front end down of does it wheelie bad? thats a good 60ft.

#31 ·
well, i took it out sat and with the 370 gear, it just dead hooked the tires and put it on the bumper (literally) while it looked cool on the vid it did not help getting down the track, luckily i only flattened one tube on the pass side which i already fixed today, think i'm going to try again on wensday. perhaps a degree out and straping the front will calm it down, or i'm going to spray it harder to get the proper roll out i need, we'll see!

#32 · (Edited)
hate that man. tie it down will help alot, i'm going to use a timmer on mine when i shoot it. .4 out then hit it with a 180 shot. my buddy had a 85 coupe with steel cj heads his 501 had went 6.0s on hp and 5.59 on a 175 shoot on a .4 roll out with no tie downs. he had front shocks all the way tight and back ones 1/2 way. good luck next time. im taking mine next thursday or saturday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.