460 Ford Forum banner

Got an offer on a '71 Tbird, worth it??

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  crittersf1 
#1 ·
Got a call last night from a fella that wants to do a trade with me. He has a '71 Tbird with a 429 Thunderjet under the hood, the starter had seized up on him a few years back and hasnt touched the car since. I haven't seen the car and have no idea what shape it is in. He wants to get my '90 F150 4x4 off of me. The truck has a solid front axle swap, 7" lift, new 35" mud tires, fully loaded, looks abit rough but the 5.8L runs fine. Rebuilt E4OD, and a newer rust free box on it. I had the truck advertised for 3000obo. But am considering the trade. Now, I don't really need the car or the motor since I have a 532 in my truck already, so what is that car and engine worth? Is it a good trade or not really?

#2 ·
Your truck would bring around $3000 down here in southern Il. I know because I sold one just like it, but I am not 100% sure the bird is worth $3000. I guess it all depends what you are going to do with it...resale it, restore it, or part it out....
Personally, site un seen, I would say the bird and some cash.
Justin

#4 ·
Your heart is'nt into it , don't get it . Let someone that loves the car get it . A guy here in Las Vegas out bid me at a auction for a 72 Grand Torino Fastback , and then used it in a derby like a bitch . Let someone who wants the car know were it's at . I wish I could get it but my luck sucks
!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.