460 Ford Forum banner

500.00 car

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  basketcase 
#1 ·
I picked up a 91 gt mustang with 180k plus miles from a used car dealer locally this spring.Needless to say it wasn't the cleanest or straightest car i have ever seen but was all original down to the exhaust system.I figured it was worth the money and the best part i drove it home.Mothballed it until My youngest son decided he wanted to start racing.I know its slow but figured it would make the perfect intro car.So we then pulled it out of the weeds and he began bracket racing it after an extensive clean up.I felt bad for him because the car looked the 180k part and decided to fix the car up a little.I stripped the car down and began to repaint it.Painted back the original colors,Wild strawberry top and titanium bottom.Only we used regular base clear on the bottom instead of the poly paint originaly used.I wished i had taken more before shots but i did take a few of the damaged quarter panel before and after.I do a project like this about every couple of years to remind myself why i don't do it for a living.Almost finished with the outside now have to redo the inside.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.