460 Ford Forum banner

1967 Mustang Fastback 460/c6/9"-3.50's

11K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  cletus66 
#1 · (Edited)
Another newbie joining the group. I'll try and post a couple of shots ot the car. The 460 is bone stock from a 78 Grand Marquis except intake, 750 cfm carb and FPA ceramic coated headers.
Engine is out for the winter getting a total rebuild (stroked to 520 cu in), new high stall torque converter and relocated leaf springs and caltracs.
Goal for next year is mid 11's.:):)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Alright, what distributor are you running that fit under a straight montecarlo bar? What engine mounts are you using? I've been researching distributors and want to run a straight montecarlo bar. Mid 11's should be easy with a 521. Nice car!:D

#7 ·
Thanks, I've wondered whether if I went to the small cap, if I could run the straight montecarlo bar. I guess I can. I'll check the bar to see. I'm guessing you moved the bar back as far as you could, but then I run into the 14" air cleaner.

#6 · (Edited)
very nice! Do you have any pics of the motor mounts? I have some early Crites for my 429 and it seams to sit further forward than your 460. Just wondering what they look like. I was able to use stock C6 trans crossmember, shifter linkage and driveshaft for a BB 390. How 'bout you?

#8 ·
Motor is out so I can take a couple of pics of the motor mounts and post them this weekend. I also used a stock 67 C6 trans mount. I use a B&M cable shifter and a custom driveshaft. I asume a stock driveshaft would have fit because stock trans mount fit. My issue now is stuffing 10.5 x 28's into the car with leaf springs(with out them sticking out past wheel wells). Are you running caltracs?

#12 ·
Last year was the 1st year on the road and I have never run it in the 1/4 mile . My times at our short track here indicate a 1/4 mile time of low 13 seconds. With the new motor (520), new converter, 10 1/2" of rubber and caltracs I am hoping for mid 11's. I'll definetly travel to some 1/4 mile tracks next season.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.