460 Ford Forum banner

My finished 429 Bigblock

4K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Diggindeeper 
#1 ·
Here is a pic of my 1989 429 Fox. It has a 429 thunderjet with c6 and 3.27 gears. Car is a stock rebuild with a bigger carb, ready to run ignition system,full length longtube headers,x pipe,flowmaster 2 chambers, electric fan and manual steering. here are some pics.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
the pain

Getting the headers to fit was not fun. I highly recommend not using the hooker swap headers. I used the ford 460 swap mounts. And the Stock Cast Iron D0VE-C Intake. With a drop base air cleaner. The Factory K-member needs to be shimmed up a smidgen. But it still drives well. Right now im in the process of fine tuning the carb. I have the holley 750 performer carb, with vac secondaries. Thanks for the compliments. I didnt really want a full track car or a show car. My goal was to have a car that could pull like a 5.0 with a 5 speed but be an automatic and not have any major components break. I think my combo should be pretty solid. I dont care If I break the tires though :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.