460 Ford Forum banner

'62 Galaxie

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Elmore Racing 
#1 ·
Hello--
I have recently joined your forum and find the information very useful.
I just wanted to share my car. I've owned this Galaxie for around 16 years now. Original 292 3spd evolved to a 390 police interceptor with a 4spd then C6 with trans brake. Car ran a best of 7.93 at 85 mph in the 1/8 mile with auto--8.22 with 4spd. We lost the 390 at the end of this years racing season due to a butterfly screw dropping. We're now looking at going faster and moving up to a 460.

In 2002, I dropped sand on the track from the rotten rocker panels. It was after this embarrassing display, that I decided to do a major overhaul and get the car back into shape.
In 2006, I added a Crites fiberglass front end and continued on the quarter panels and rust repair.
I painted the car in our barn in June 2007 so that we could use it in our wedding. Since then it's transitioned to a drag only car.
In 2008-2009, I added Moser axles and spool and Mickey Thompson tires and Cragar SS wheels. To the engine I added Edelbrock heads and roller rockers to the already built 390.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Drag racing

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Coupé

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Muscle car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Sedan

This is a picture of my on my first night out with the car in 7 years. I made it to 2nd place.

Engine Vehicle Auto part Motor vehicle Car

See less See more
#6 ·
Wes and I are going 460 too!!See you at Humbolt again if we have time to finish our Fairlane subframe(mustang 2)!!!Ours is going to be a budget bullet! Later Dave and Wes
I am not good at remembering names but I remember your black fairlane? thanks for your help with my "knock". head and piston have damage but there is a crack in #5 cylinder wall-I suppose there was some binding with that screw in there. sad to see that 390 go but I want to go faster and it was coming out in time anyway. working on a big valve dove head 4.42/4.3 stroker right now.good luck with your fairlane conversion and I look forward to seeing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.