460 Ford Forum banner

I need all the info for a 460 into a fox body

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  BigBlockBubba 
#1 ·
I have a 93 lx convertible 5.0. I have a mild 460 to put into it. I would like as much info on what to do and what not to do. I would like to keep it a stick, so I need to know what motor mounts, tranny, cluch, cluch linkage, headers, oil pan, and anything else I will need to make it work. And also who has what for sale new or used. Thanks everyone

#2 ·
Most swap kits are geared toward auto applications I think you you will need a tranny such as a TKO600 to handle the torque and you will need to convert over to hydraulic clutch assembly. Did you do a search I am sure someone has done it already I dont know for sure but there may be some clearance issues with a convertible but not sure.

#4 ·
I bought headers, mounts, oil pump and pan kit from D&D Automotive http://www.ddautospec.com/products_headers.html Great service and good prices.

If you call you'll actually talk to Bob the owner and he will give you lots of tips on the swap. He will probably know if his headers work with manual trans.

The headers I bought are 1 3/4" diameter - 3/4 length (kind of like shortys) and are very nice for mild street/strip cars. They also have the best ground clearance. The Hooker swap headers hang down low.

#5 ·
ive done a few with top loader,and we made a cable clutch ling work fine,the first one was the worst because of the r and d work,, it can be done

-rich

#6 ·
i make a motor plate the works with the hooker headers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.