460 Ford Forum banner

'72 Gran Torino

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Code Blue Racing 
#1 ·
Pulled this one out of the weeds a few months ago. Originally a 2bbl cleveland car, the previous owner swapped in a 429. Sadly its one with D2 heads, but it runs well and has good oil pressure and im happy about that. It probably hadnt been touched for 15 or so years before me and i have many hours getting it to this point. My family has had many many fords over the years, but this is our first street car with a big block so im gonna have a lot of questions :) Here are some pics...

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I like it. There is one like that, that i know of. its been buried up to the doors in mud since the 80s. Its got a 429 or 460 with PI heads on it. the guy beat the hell out of it and blew it up. its locked up nice'n tight. I spoke with the guy about buying it for the heads off it. he told me that he would let it go for 2500.00. I told him he can let rot in the mud for that price.

#9 ·
At least I got another '72 guy on here. Mine is a piece of sh*T but it is fun that way. Hope you do a build thread on it. Had mine for awhile so I might be able to answer questions.

My plan with this one is to not have that much invested in it, and to be able to have some fun going to cruise ins and such. Im gonna probly paint it satin black or something along those lines, do an aluminum intake, cam, pre-72 timing chain and leave it at that for a bit and have some fun.

Oh, and dont mind the "302" on the air cleaner, its all i had at the time. Although i already have had someone ask if it was a 302 lol. Ive been thinking of leaving it on there for a conversation piece. Thanks for the comments :D

#10 ·
D2 WHAT HEADS? d2oe ? or?

thanks rich

ps i love my 72,ive had a few

#11 ·
D2VE :( To be honest, I dont really want to spend alot of money on finding new heads, and all that. This will mainly be a street car, low rpm motor and i will always run 93 octane fuel. so for now, a little freshening is all im gonna do. Probably a cam to make it sound a little better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.