460 Ford Forum banner

fox body 460 questions

2K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  93badazzlx 
#1 ·
Ok i just pulled my motor and tranny out of a 1978 ford 25ft delta something or nother motor home. Acutally alot easier than i thought. I pulled the headache of the emissions stuff off. and all the vaccum line that go with it. it looks like a simple motor( which it is). Im asking why couldnt i just use the factory mounts that where used in the motor home. has the 2studs that are verticle. and drill holes in my k member for the mounts to go to? or is the factory mounts in the wrong location?( as in it would set the motor to far forward or back, too high or too low)? another thing. the wiring.I just need to wire the coil and distib right? the coil has a green and red wire? Where do they get hooked into my fox body chassi harness? and the distrib. has a red,a tan, and a black wire. are they a 12v switched, 12v all the time and a ground? If some one could help me out... My car need a dash harness( previous owner took it out) why havent a clue.. but that has my fuse box,ignition, head light switch and all that in it. and that branches out threw the fire wall. what wires do i tie the coil and distributor in?

#5 ·
you can get the fox swap mounts on ebay for around 50.00 bucks and they also have a hei 1 wire distributer to make it simple or just use and msd 6a or 6al with the duraspark distributer ! i'm doing a 460 fox notch swap with stock hood and maybe 10 holes going to sound very mild !

#7 ·
i just looked and they are not on there any more but the guy has been building them for years i can't remember his seller id but keep looking. they are identical as the ford racing ones for 50.00. i bought some a few years ago.

#8 ·
here they are item number 250542349585 he just sold his last set to me "sorry i needed a set also " but he will put more on. they where very hard to find but i know he is the one because he sells shock mounts for snow mobiles also !

#9 ·
hey bud thanks! did you sit the motor down in the car yet? how is the fitment? what for oil pan should i look for on ebay? I mean i pulled my motor out of a motor home. so its got the " rear hump" it doesnt look like a 5.0 double hump pan. will that work or no?

#10 ·
i'm not sure on the pan, mine is out of a f250 truck and the pan looks a lot like the 5.0 pan. i am going to use k member spacers that was made out of steel tubing cut into about 1.5" i'm trying to get it to fit under the stock hood !

#12 ·
The car does have a very nice set of ten holes on it ! But i do have a set of welds also !

#13 ·
He just listed another set of those mounts item #250545268948

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.