460 Ford Forum banner

What headers for fox w tubular k member and a arms?

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  BBBob_M 
#1 ·
Looking under the hood....it looks impossible for headers.....

#5 ·
I used Hookers and didn't have very much luck with them. They needed alot of bashing and a cusotm steering shaft to be made. Some have had better luck with them but I will use D&D next time.

You will get better response posting this in General Tech.

Bill

#9 · (Edited)
I guess you've never looked under the hood of a big block 67-70 Mustang... The Fox has gobs of room compared to the early stangs, fairlanes etc.

Any 2" or larger swap headers will work with your SCJ heads. Including the Hookers. Keep in mind that the larger the tubes and collectors, the less ground clearance (clearance in general) you will have. Ground clearance is at a premium due to the poorly designed drivers side floor pan and stock trans x-member that the headers have to be designed to fit around. The Fox floorpan was originally designed for single exhaust and was not improved until the SN95 cars.

And if you have one of the poorly designed tubular k-members that hangs part of the mounting pad inside the framerail... You may have to trim it back, or better yet sell it and upgrade to a better design. Or go back to a stock K-member.

#10 ·
Okay...

Well, I'd like to get 2.125" headers. I saw D&D's kit tonight that looks interesting. But, about this K-Member.... I bought the car as a roller from someone else that bought it as a roller. How can I tell what k-member this is as well as if it is not a "poorly designed" k-member? I can post pics if that would help...

Thanks a lot!!

Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.