460 Ford Forum banner

68 Mustang Coupe 25.4 chassis build

6K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  MrScharfenberger 
#1 ·
I have been building this cat for nearly a year now. This is my first attempt at a full tube chassis car. It's going to be powered with a 545 alcohol engine. I have not totally decided on heads yet. Here are some photos. Will add more later.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
I like your corral floated in grill space. A few ounces to add a lot of style....worth it.

My 70 was my first stick build, though now a little dated from the 90's. A few minor hiccups, but still goes straight and have had little issue even though a plum bob and angle finder was used with my "flat table" being shims and wood blocks built at ride height. Best of luck, a home build can do very well in my opinion. I'm still pondering cutting body off to upgrade to new SFI 25.x class chassis.

#15 ·
Engine is a 13:1 545 TFS 325cnc headed. Lunati solid roller 272-282 @.50 with .738 lift. Victor intake 1150 dominator wit a big shot plate underneath. Trans is a well built powerglide with a 5500 convertor. 4.30 rear gears 32x14.5 radial slick. Car weighs in at 2840# with me in the seat. So far shifting at 6000 launching at 3800 the car ran a 9.47 @ 139 mph in 4800 DA air. It was also extremely lean. Will
Be taking it to an 1/8 mile track this weekend with a better tune.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.