460 Ford Forum banner

Daytona Yoke

4K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  t120r 
#1 ·
I've run into a little snag. I ordered a Moser PY200 yoke for my 9" and it doesn't fit. Makes sense as i found out it is a Daytona yoke. So i ordered a Yukon YY F9-SPACER. Supposed to allow the use of a Daytona yoke in a standard housing. Well it doesn't fit over my pinion. Did they send me the wrong part or am i mistaken on the use of it.

#2 ·
a N case yoke will only fit a Daytona pinion support, are you sure you have a big bearing support? if both bearings are 88048 then you do not

post pics if you can of the inner rear of the yoke showing the splines

you may of ordered the wrong one?

do you have a 28 spline pinion?

#4 ·
you CANT use a Daytona yoke on a stock pinion preload on bearings will never be right

#5 ·
why don't you just buy the right yoke, A BILLET ONE FOR STD PINION,and be set?

#6 ·
Thank you for the replies/info. I just found that Strange makes what I need. It's the spacers that go under the yoke to keep preload and the pinion splines where they should be. It's Strange p/n: N1918

http://www.strangeengineering.net/p...en-using-u1603-with-n1914-n1915-or-n1917.html

The yukon spacer (p/n: YY F9-SPACER) is for under the pinion nut, not the yoke. I think they need a better description.

If this doesn't work I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a new center section & support and be done with it.

#7 ·
A "stock " pinion support and yoke for a '79 Bronco would NOT be a Daytona. The "step" on the inside of the regular yoke is around .200 deeper than a Daytona yoke is and the daytona yoke will bottom out before the nut gets tight. Post pictures of what you have and I'll try to help you get it sorted.

#8 ·
nor should a DOVE 4bolt scj block be in a 70s 460 2wd truck, or a 75 ltd, both of which were 1 owner, ltd was bought by my step dad new from ford.

73 ranchero 31sp ncase, 1 owner, and a host of others

Ive bought at least 20 n case 9 inch ford from cars /trucksthey should of never been in

#9 ·
I hope I wasn't too confusing. What I meant is I have the regular differential from a '79 Bronco. I wanted to put a Daytona style yoke on it as I had one on the shelf. When bolted on it is too short. It needs the Strange spacer to fit.

#10 ·
Now I get it. You need the large ( non Daytona) yoke that was made for the standard retainers. This youke was common on passenger car 9" diffs from '67 up through '73-4 ish. They look the same externally , but the machined step next to the internal splines ( as I mentioned) is deeper than the daytona style you have. that will solve the problem and allow you to use the 1330 u joint.

#11 ·
Actually I went 1350 (Moser Yoke) and a high angle drivelines driveshaft with an NP205 flange yoke. Tired of messing around. I preach doing it right the first time, but guilty of trying to mess around to save a buck. Always costs me more. Anyway, the 1350 Moser (Daytona) yoke fit perfectly with the Strange Spacer. Hopefully soon I'll be posting videos on here of my 100 year project.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.