460 Ford Forum banner

557ci Fox Box?

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  stang93mustang 
#1 ·
Whats everyone's opinion on this or a similar set up? I've seen dyno numbers anywhere between 600-800hp depending on heads/intake on pump gas. Thought about dropping a bbf in a fox body as a cool side project me and my old man can work on. Im an 03/04 cobra 4v guy but this idea just seems cool. Stroker kits can be had for $1000-1500 and a good set of heads will be slightly more expensive than the kit. We already have tons of 460 parts. We also have several sets of d0ve A and d0ve C heads, but unsure what their capabilities are. Thought I would post here and get some ideas before I run it by my pops.

Thanks fellas

#2 ·

With a 4.5 stroke the D9 block with its longer skirts are the most popular. Also the kits with the 6.8 rod is better then the 6.7 . For higher HP aftermarket blocks have seem to do alot better then stock blocks as they are alot stronger = less cylinder flex then a stock block. I like the 4.30 crank and a .060 bore and from what i've read make as much power with stock blocks atleast. I wouldn't buy a kit without h-beams and highly prefer forged steel cranks, and not even think about Hypers in a performance build because the cost isnt that much more and they don't crumble or loose area around valve releif/ring land as easy. Plan on spending $2500 for complete kit atleast. Ohio Crank is a little cheaper, had mixed results but not anything really bad as all kits can have there good and bad.

#3 · (Edited)
I have a 69' block with highly ported 70' Dove heads.

I have run a best on motor of 10.04 @ 133
Best on 180/200 shot of nitrous of 9.40 @ 144.

This is on steel heads! I have not opened my motor since built 10 years ago except to adjust valves.

Just ran a 9.50 last weekend.

I use Scat rotating assemble with 6.8 Hbeam rods, Probe flat top pistons with .990 pin.

All ARP bolts and studs. Cometic head gaskets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.