460 Ford Forum banner

71 F250 build

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Mike R 
#1 ·
Here's a few various pics of my highboy project. I've had it since 98, fixed it up as seen in the one pic when in high school. I just finished with the skyjacker springs, Dana 60, 14bolt swap. The 390, 4sp, and divorced case are out, and am changing over to a c6/205 married combo. the plan is a pump gas 598 with worked scj heads, mafia intake and dominator. All said and done I'm shooting for something I can sled pull with, drag race, sand drags, to out for ice cream in when I feel like it. The goal is to build the motor this fall. In the meantime there's a lot of work to do getting to rest of the pickup ready for it

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Yep I've been on that site for a long time as well. I pop in every so often just to read some of the topics but stopped posting there because it seems like people like to argue too much and rarely have I ever gotten much help there. This is about the only site I ever post on these days.

#5 ·
Hers where I'm at right now. Got the frame cleaned up and ready to por15 and paint. New engine stands from autofab, new a460 block and a460 heads on the way. One those get here, I need to put big block Chevy flanges on these headers and get them on the frame and see if I have to relocate shock mounts or whatever. It's coming along anyway. I also have a Dana 80 to replace the 14 bolt

Attachments

#6 ·
I haven't posted anything in a while and this forum seems pretty dead now but here's a little more progress. Instead of the c6/ 205 setup I decided to put in an e4od and 4407 transfer case. Took some work but it's in there now. A 598 with an e4od is pretty sweet right? Now that this is figured out I can focus back on getting the motor built

Attachments

#8 ·
I'm hoping that with the big axles, built e4od and powerstroke transfer case, I would be eliminating most of the weak links. Are you talking about the Facebook page big block fords? Hopefully over this winter now that I have more time one I can turn this pile of parts into something more

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.