460 Ford Forum banner

Bill Glidden switching to brand X

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  bigblocktisdale 
#1 ·
Well looks like Bill has had enough without Ford support.

From YB.....

In fact it deserves it's own page!!!! We work with M/T and have for about 12=13 years. In all these years we have tested drag tires of all kinds, and have set records, and standards that have been very tough for others to compete against! We have been working on a 34.5 tire and when we had one that appeared decent, we needed someone to step to the plate and run it in competition. Well Jeff Naiser was there and did this without hesitation, and this furthered and already decent working relation. Now Jeff helps us with different data as well I help him when I am able to give some valid data for what he does, Jeff is very determined and comes from a great racing family. Well there are times that good things do come back to you when you need them, with this said........................... I will be taking delivery of the smaller engine that Jeff was running earlier in this season. He has run really well with this engine but built a bigger engine to better compete in pro nitrous. If I can quickly figure out how to use this combination with what I have for gears and clutch? I feel we will certainly be better suited for competition in xtf!!! I know this thing has run into the 3.8's already, and I have a big chore in front of us to make run like it has already! It makes alot more power than anything I have ever run, and it also runs at much less rpm, as well it has a few more stages and shoot 300ft lbs. of torque! This is a challenge I am anxious to go after, and I also hope to be able to use this to make us more of a points threat! So how is all this for some pressure? hehehe, BG

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
this is what was said by him on yellow bullet
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bill Glidden

Default Re: GLIDDEN FACES ENGINE CHOICE......
First off this engine will rev 9200 with no problem. Next, the rear seal is gm like, and some of the front bolts are gm like, but mostly this is a race purpose engine without a brand name. So right now it is a ford, BG

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.