429 SCJ Boss 429 Manifolds- Block-Crank-Rods [Archive] - 460 Ford Forum

: 429 SCJ Boss 429 Manifolds- Block-Crank-Rods

allfordblue
05-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Cast Iron 429 SCJ Intake manifold D00E-8426-C marine take off never run $200.00 OBO + shipping

Boss 429 Wieand Tunnel Ram ported/polished fits 2 Holley 4500 series Dominator carbs (not included) $875.00 OBO + shipping

Nascar Boss 429 [R] bare block - stock bore - cooper seal o ring grooves in deck of block - I bought this block from Mickey Thompson when he was clearing out his Long Beach shop about 1982 he was involved with Ford's nascar program - this block had some damage on one pan rail from tossing a rod at Daytona.I had the machine shop repair that clean it and mag test it (passed). $5000.00 OBO + shipping

Nascar Boss 429 Forged Steel crank -standard mains -0.10 under rods was damaged in above block repaired mag tested "OK" $1200.00 + shipping

Nascar Boss 429 C9AX-B forged rods oil hole in the middle of the rod, 1/2" rod bolts $1200.00 OBO + shipping

2slow
05-08-2011, 12:15 AM
Cast Iron 429 SCJ Intake manifold D00E-8426-C marine take off never run $200.00 OBO + shipping

Boss 429 Wieand Tunnel Ram ported/polished fits 2 Holley 4500 series Dominator carbs (not included) $875.00 OBO + shipping

Nascar Boss 429 [R] bare block - stock bore - cooper seal o ring grooves in deck of block - I bought this block from Mickey Thompson when he was clearing out his Long Beach shop about 1982 he was involved with Ford's nascar program - this block had some damage on one pan rail from tossing a rod at Daytona.I had the machine shop repair that clean it and mag test it (passed). $5000.00 OBO + shipping

Nascar Boss 429 Forged Steel crank -standard mains -0.10 under rods was damaged in above block repaired mag tested "OK" $1200.00 + shipping

Nascar Boss 429 C9AX-B forged rods oil hole in the middle of the rod, 1/2" rod bolts $1200.00 OBO + shipping
Your parts , so you can ask whatever you want. Do you know what current price is for BBF new race parts example New top of the line Elim. iron block $3000 , just to give you an idea .

CarsByCarl
05-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Your parts , so you can ask whatever you want. Do you know what current price is for BBF new race parts example New top of the line Elim. iron block $3000 , just to give you an idea .

That's like comparing the price of an original Shelby Cobra to a reproduction. :rolleyes:

2slow
05-08-2011, 12:39 PM
sorry I said anything . looks like you have a few buyers here . they know the parts will sell here in a week or so .

allfordblue
05-22-2011, 11:29 PM
It is true that you can buy some great new parts out there for a good price. What I have has not been in production since the 1969 race season, trying to figure out what this stuff is worth is kinda tough. If some one is a big nascar fan and is putting together a 1969 or 1970 torino as built back in the day these parts are for them. The crank ,rods & block will also work in in street Boss 429. When pricing stuff I would think it best to start out to high then to low - I am open to offers - haggle is the game when you are not a retail store.

turbodnotch
05-29-2011, 09:31 PM
Well just go ahead and buy the new race stuff then, I would not give way my rare parts to someone who don't know what they are worth.

HBif you put the "new' stuff in a BOSS 429 you are restoring,the car is worthless compared to having the correct block..etc. And those blocks are different then standard 429 and RARE!!! Thats why he is asking more than your new stuff. understand now??

fordman59
05-30-2011, 02:49 AM
if you put the "new' stuff in a BOSS 429 you are restoring,the car is worthless compared to having the correct block..etc. And those blocks are different then standard 429 and RARE!!! Thats why he is asking more than your new stuff. understand now??

Yup, but I wouldn't say worthless, just worth less.:p just picking on ya dude.
Anyway, the block he is advertising was never used in a factory application and won't have a VIN on it (someone correct me if wrong, going on memory).
Block for sale is a NASCAR block.
Some differences are, larger bolts in the outboard of the front main cap. Deck grooved for O ring. Larger relief for exhaust push-rods.

No comment on a value, cause it's value is what it ends up selling for.

turbodnotch
05-30-2011, 09:57 AM
I so glad your so smart, not! I was defending his asking prices.

HB

Sorry,qouted wrong guy..my bad.

turbodnotch
05-30-2011, 10:01 AM
Yup, but I wouldn't say worthless, just worth less.:p just picking on ya dude.
Anyway, the block he is advertising was never used in a factory application and won't have a VIN on it (someone correct me if wrong, going on memory).
Block for sale is a NASCAR block.
Some differences are, larger bolts in the outboard of the front main cap. Deck grooved for O ring. Larger relief for exhaust push-rods.

No comment on a value, cause it's value is what it ends up selling for.well,since i just sold my last Boss 9 in 2007( it was red with 4300 orig miles, #1412) I believe they made what was considered an "S" and a "T" but the blocks were the same in both motors. Here is a pic of the car, which the new owner recently put on ebay for 500K. This guys parts are worth every penny if your restoring one of these.

fordman59
05-30-2011, 01:06 PM
well,since i just sold my last Boss 9 in 2007( it was red with 4300 orig miles, #1412) I believe they made what was considered an "S" and a "T" but the blocks were the same in both motors. Here is a pic of the car, which the new owner recently put on ebay for 500K. This guys parts are worth every penny if your restoring one of these.

Better get more info. NASCAR racing block, not the NASCAR production version, is different. Try a Google search on "NASCAR Boss 429 for racing". There are more than just the production car block. The block used by H&M for RACING. They never came in a production car.
I worked with a small time parts reseller back in the '80s. I am not a B9 expert. I have seen a few (maybe 20 or so) production and NASCAR blocks, but not all of them. We had several blocks that had a XE part #. One had 4 bolts on all 5 mains. I still have the H&M cam that was in it.
I suggest starting a different thread. This is the auction block!