460 Ford Forum banner

Strange Allignment Issue

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  raging85 
#1 ·
Last evening, I was driving my 2010 Ford Edge SEL AWD through a fresh few inches of snow. Upon making a left turn out of a gas station parking lot, I started sliding and my back passenger's side wheel hit against the curb. After this grazing of the curb, it seems the alignment of my front tires is actually out of whack. Yes, that's right; I hit the back tire against the curb, but the front tires seem messed up. I actually now have to keep the steering wheel turned a few degrees to the right to drive straight. Also, upon visual inspection of the car, all tires seem straight when the wheel is straight. I also don't see any camber of that rear tire that was hit. How could a hit at such a slow speed pulling out of a parking lot and hitting a rear tire, cause the front to be out of alignment?

Any input is appreciated!

Thanks, Brett

#2 ·
The front isn't actually out of alignment, sounds like you are describing a dog track effect. There is likely a bent suspension arm on the right rear, likely one of the lowers. If it has aluminum spindles you might want to rip the brakes off and inspect it for cracks just to be safe. If there's no damage then a 4 wheel alignment should make it right again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.