460 Ford Forum banner

c6 transmission cooler lines pressure and temp

11K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ProStreetFairlane 
#1 ·
I was thinking of rerouting the lines using poly tubing (press rating 120 psi @ 150 deg F) I can also get a higer one. If properly routed, would this work? It will probably be a non-permanent fix, meaning I will bend the steel tubing sometime in the future.

#2 ·
forgot to mention. It is on a 1979 f100 2wd and will be driven on the street, but not an everyday vehicle. It has a radiator and external air cooler.

#4 ·
I've successfully used -6 AN Aeroquip stainless steel braided hose for years.

#6 ·
I see your point guys, but i was wondering for a temp fix. For some reason i have some weird bends i have to make. The headers are so close to the c6 and everything else. They are supossed to fit that model. They are cheap heddman headers.

#7 ·
Parker makes a hose called Push Loc. A lot of places use it for air hose but it is actually rated for 300 PSI in the 5/16 - 3/8 " sizes. It is also rated for oil etc. We have used it for years at work for Airlines. I went to my hose supplier for some braided lines and he (a Parker dealer) asked what i was using it for. I told him transmission cooler lines and he said "use push-loc,,, it's cheaper and rated for oil and up to 300psi."

It has been on my C-4 for over 5 years . Most auto parts stores also carry transmission cooler "rubber hose" as well. I never run steel because it is such a pain to route and get flared properly. Just takes to long. I think I paid 30 bucks for a roll of 30 foot long tranny cooler hose at Advance last year also...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.