460 Ford Forum

460 Ford Forum (http://www.460ford.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vendor (FOR SALE) (http://www.460ford.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Full passenger car iron cylinder head porting instruction on the RHP website (http://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143879)

The Mad Porter 03-10-2010 01:22 PM

Full passenger car iron cylinder head porting instruction on the RHP website

For those wishing to port their own iron passenger car heads RHP has in depth instructions with tons of pics to guide you along your way.

There are additional informational pages such as early and late timing set differences, rocker arm differences and pics of ported iron cj, pi, eddy aluminum and A-429 aluminum cj castings.

There is a 1 time subscription fee of $31.25

Website link:

http://reincarnation-automotive.com

We have streamlined the process for the 1 time subscription payment to our technical pages and porting information. After check out you will be redirected to a special page with log in information and a link to the BBF TECH log in page.

Here is a link to the subscribe page:

http://r-h-p.biz/bbf_technical_index

Follow the simple instructions on the page and during Paypal check out. You do not have to have a paypal account to finalize payment.

Thank you for your patients as we modernize our site.

We offer email help in clarification as needed.

:D

Greenbroncoguy 03-10-2010 02:46 PM

Speaking from personal experience these are are some of the most detailed instructions you are going to find on porting heads. Pictures, measurements, you name it - it's all there.

Damn sure worth the money spent imho.

-Matt

The Mad Porter 03-10-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenbroncoguy (Post 892479)
Speaking from personal experience these are are some of the most detailed instructions you are going to find on porting heads. Pictures, measurements, you name it - it's all there.

Damn sure worth the money spent imho.

-Matt

Thank you for the positive feedback matt...

The Mad Porter 03-12-2010 01:30 PM

Bump

To the top...

Blackcoupe 03-12-2010 05:47 PM

I just got them a cpl days ago, still wrapping my brain around it, tons of good useable information. Worth every penny.
Thanks,
Marvin

justintx75 03-13-2010 12:07 AM

great info for the DIY person............i can recall when the site was first started up.

for those people looking to port iron heads and build power on a budget this site is the best coin spent

levy87 03-13-2010 02:16 AM

dove a-dove c iron heads

question for the mad porter.i have a set of iron 460 heads the driver side head is a dove A and the passanger head is a dove C.i think these are a matched pair?are they suppost to be dove A and dove C or are they supposed to be both A or both C to be matched.

Diggindeeper 03-13-2010 06:42 AM

not the mad porter but there is no appreciable difference between them

AND, saturday bump

Great site, Still a huge bargain

lynn 03-13-2010 08:45 AM

time

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mad Porter (Post 892453)
For those wishing to port their own iron passenger car heads RHP has in depth instructions with tons of pics to guide you along your way.

There are additional informational pages such as early and late timing set differences, rocker arm differences and pics of ported iron cj, pi, eddy aluminum and A-429 aluminum cj castings.

There is a 1 time subscription fee of $29.95 ( yes we finally had to raise it after 6 years)

http://reincarnation-automotive.com

Click on the BBF technical index link (how to subscribe) and follow the instructions. You will be emails a password with payment confirmation. We have over 1000 paid subscribers...

We offer email help in clarification as needed.

hello how much time can a guy get in to porting a set of heads

The Mad Porter 03-14-2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynn (Post 893088)
hello how much time can a guy get in to porting a set of heads

The first timers can take 20 hours or better for budget oriented type work and small valves. I have over the years been able to get to about 10 hours or less.

The full on large valve port job can run 30 to 40 hours for a newbie. I have it down to about 20+.

Max effort 350+ cfm intakes and 200+ exhausts??? Dont even ask... :D

The Mad Porter 03-14-2010 09:54 PM

I added the KISS exhaust port pics to the site...

...under the dove specific porting section...

We are getting 15K hits a month now and have over 1000 registered users. This may not seem like much compared to some sites i'm sure but for a niche subscriber only site its not too shabby...

levy87 03-14-2010 11:41 PM

anyone interested in answereing a question about dove a and dove c heads.i have a set i'm using one side head is a doveA and the other side is a doveC,is this a matched pair,same heads just stamped A and C to tell which side they go to,i don't know it's why i'm asking??

The Mad Porter 03-15-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by levy87 (Post 893503)
anyone interested in answereing a question about dove a and dove c heads.i have a set i'm using one side head is a doveA and the other side is a doveC,is this a matched pair,same heads just stamped A and C to tell which side they go to,i don't know it's why i'm asking??

No appreciable difference.

They may be used interchangeable as can the C8 and C9 castings...

Harold 03-15-2010 03:45 PM

Scotty, do you have any 4500 victor intakes already gasket matched, or ported to fit dove heads?

The Mad Porter 03-16-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harold (Post 893618)
Scotty, do you have any 4500 victor intakes already gasket matched, or ported to fit dove heads?

The heads have to be port matched to the victor intakes as cast intake ports which are dove sized but on cj centers.

:)