460 Ford Forum - View Single Post - High Flow Dynamics Quick Change Timing Covers Cam Hex Drives
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Premium Member

Paul Kane A Ford God!Paul Kane A Ford God!Paul Kane A Ford God!Paul Kane A Ford God!Paul Kane A Ford God!Paul Kane A Ford God!Paul Kane A Ford God!Paul Kane A Ford God!Paul Kane A Ford God!Paul Kane A Ford God!Paul Kane A Ford God!
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordyd4 View Post
I want to run the cam drive. Hmmm, maybe I ditch the belt drive.
With the belt drive, you could leave it as is and then run a belt-driven fuel pump from your crankshaft. Another option is to run the belt drive with the typical Enderle/Hilborn (etc) cam driven fuel pump positioned several inches in front of the belt drive and affixed there on a support that looks similar to the crankshaft supports seen on the lower end of blower engines. In my personal opinion, those two setups appear more convoluted, "busy," and are less service friendly (ie, higher service effort) than our modular componentry which is more compact, self contained, and which allows the use of only as much or as little of the specific parts necessary for the engine build in question. Nevertheless, yes there are ways to run an external fuel pump with your current belt drive setup.

If you want to talk more about front drive setup options (both belt and chain) call me a call and we can discuss.

Paul