460 Ford Forum - View Single Post - 460 into a 66 Mustang
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 03:13 PM

JigSawMan First On Race Day

Well, I went with Chris Alston's Chassis Works for the back half frame and sheet metal. They had very affordable prices, the way the bend their steel and the technical assistance I got was all good.

The rear tires are 29x18.5 15. I have not gotten to the point of determining where the engine will mount yet, but it is all dependent upon the placement of the Tremec trans I have for it. I put the block, bell housing and spacers together to let me at least see roughly where the engine will go if the transmission is lined up properly and so far all looks well. Once I have more of the cage work done in the engine compartment (all inner sheet metal has been cut away) and once I have the front Mustang II cross member in place, the engine placement will follow.

Yes I started out with just a cowl induction hood and metal fenders, but the after market fenders where so crappy, I purchased some fiberglass ones and combined those with the hood and an Eleanor front nose, the finished single piece front end ought to look pretty good.
JSM