460 Ford Forum - View Single Post - 429 install into 1968 montego wagon
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 05:07 PM

68montego First On Race Day

i installed the crane electronic pickup and low and behold my wagon came to life. finally got rid of those points. anyway yeah a manual trans behind a big block i can only imagine how much fun. i love shifting my v6 truck let alone my wagon which puts my truck to shame lol. but yes i didnt have anything set up when i first put the trans in i.e. kickdown valvebody, modulator. plus it was my first time as well, but it did last a good bit until i unleased the beast that resides under the hood. next time i will have a shift kit in it and modulator already set up with the correct length kickdown cable all ready to go. i drive like i stole it so my 6-7 miles per gallon (which was much better when i just cruised around) is normal lol. hell my truck barely gets 14 mpg putting around in it. anyway i did a have aftermarket cooler and bypassed the factory. line pressure was my one concern and i never checked it. checke everything else tho. the converter is a boss hog converter stock stall. im really excited to see what you run ag460torino. im sure you will whoop 12's ***. well ill be taking the trans out tomorrow and i will post what i find. thanks again and have a great weekend everyone.