460 Ford Forum banner

What's everyone workin on?

21K views 106 replies 31 participants last post by  575ciBronco 
#1 ·
What do you guys got tore apart right now? Lets see some pics!!

I am currently planning an engine of some sort, lots of decisions to make and money to scrounge up. My father in law picked up another '79 from a member on this site that he will be running this year. Should be a decent runner, a far better rig then what he was running. It has a 521 on n2o.

Attachments

See less See more
#81 ·
Well I finally have got back to working on the ranger I have safety inspection this weekend so I have got it far enough that it will drive on the trailer under its own power (front wheel drive :D) still have to put in my yukon 3rd member in and 35 spline mosers along with a bunch of other little things but hope to be racing by the end of the month!

Derrick

Attachments

#89 ·
Myron, are you running lexan or glass? Those stock pieces of glass weigh a ton! Also, are you still running the factory floor pan? You'd be amazed at how much weight you will drop by cutting that out and going to a .040 aluminum floor and firewall.

In other news, got the front end move almost finished up, will weld in the front bars for the roll cage this weekend and drop the new motor down in the frame this week. Won't give all the details, but the little A headed 488 I put together made a nice chunk into 800hp on gas ;)

#103 ·
Made a few passes today have some suspension tuning to do but getting closer first points race is in 2 weeks.

Derrick

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.