460 Ford Forum banner

New Engine Stand

11K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  Alexander Morozov 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok just an update on the home made tool idea that was up earlier.

I am really tired of worrying about my old engine stand collapsing under the weight of my fully dressed 460 so I built my own.

See less See more
#6 ·
Agreed. It looks mighty strong & stout - but that doesn't prevent it from being tippy.

I know you're done with it but...... I'd redo the front to a spread 4-wheel style too. I also nearly tipped over a bb engine. If you are wrenching, reffing, torquing on it or simply rolling it along the floor and hit a crack, it WILL tip! Especially when you've got more than just the short block assembly on it.

I'd hate to hear about it falling & cracking a head or the block or your foot!

Good Luck!
StickBBF :)

#4 ·
That thing looks like it would hold a Caterpillar or a Cummins!!

Very nice. Go big or go home, right?? Must be a Big Block guy.:p

Bill

#11 ·
Mobile workshop for repairing truck, tractor and tank engines in Arctic field conditions
We are a family of four graduates of Bauman Moscow state technical University. We have been drilling wells for water since 1996. We made for their needs Mobile (ЗИЛ-130) workshop for repairing truck, tractor engines in field conditions:
On the images:
1. Hanging heavy Duty Motor-Rotor Repair Stand
2. Runout cranes (Retractable crane beam)
3. Drive for cold engine testing
I could remove the engine from the engine compartment and repair it in the workshop alone.
I am interested in your opinion about the usefulness of this workshop in a mechanized caravan for the development of uninhabited, remote, wild regions and in the Arctic.
Thanks for your attention.
Alexander Morozov, Moscow region

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.