460 Ford Forum banner

9.86@134 GLD 10/8/11

10K views 35 replies 8 participants last post by  BOSS 429 
#1 · (Edited)
runn'n 9's
Thank you to the Zylstra crew for all the help at Great Lake's Dragway.:)

#10 ·
I have a 466. DOVE-A Block,Windage tray,guirdle,Canton Pan,Stock Steel DOVE Head's,SCJ rod's /ARP bolt's,Arias flat top piston's,total seal ring's.
The cam is a Comp Cam Hydraulic flat tappet 305 grind duration @ .050 lift 253 intake 253 exhaust.valve lift 585 intake.585 exhaust part#34-337-4,
Vicktor manifold,1095 king demon carb,Pro shot fogger,magna fuel pro star 500 pump,magna fuel reg's,fuel log,and magna fuel return system.
This is in an 87 mustang GT, weight 2785,me in it 3050.Ladder bar,29x10.5x15 tire,I use 110 octane.

#14 ·
1.34 60
4.01 330
1/8 6.25
mph 108.69 my foot slipped off gas pedal,you can hear a dip in motor rpm from video.

A lot of the tuning improvement's were made in the suspension,using different spring rates,adjusting shock's,adjusting spring's front and rear with 4 individual scale's.
I was told i could pull off a 1.29 60 when i find the tune right,i'm close,still need more practice.
I was using 150 pound spring's they were to stiff.Now i'm using 110 pound spring's.maybe 125 i should try.I might need more front suspension travel?it's all trial and error.I keep trying everything till i find what work's best.:)

Next time out i'm going to do some adjustment's in my MSD box,i can probably pull a couple more hundreth's out of it maybe a tenth or two?

#18 ·
@ jarrad .Well i want to make more suspension improvement's,i know this car has more potential,then i would make some correction's in my msd box i know i can pull another 2 tenth's faster with proper tuning,Once i get the suspension bang'n perfect,then i'll up the NOS a little.I'm alread fully satisfied with this motor,it has been very good.i had it built in 1996 and i still have not rebuilt nothing on it.I started spraying it in 09.I only get to take it out a couple time's a year though due to work but the time's out are awesome i'm alway's impressed with the performance she put's out.:)

#21 ·
Hi Dan, I am doing fine good run there. I did start my own business things are ok could have more business but that will come with time. Just got my truck lettered yesterday and got my signs up at shop this monring. I didnt remember that your combo was so mild, you are still only spraying a buck and a quarter what picked up the almost half a second? Just good air? You still got my number don't you? I had changed it but I think you should have the new one. Give me a call sometime.

I will be lobbying to have the race on it's own next year I have already told BJ I want it to be on it's own, I know he will never turn away T&T'ers but that won't be as bad as having a whole bunch of events going on at the same time like last year. I hope like hell we have more class cars next year!!!

#23 · (Edited)
Hi Eric good to hear from ya.
All the help from Skotty K at byron tunning my nitrous and suspension and i was just out at Great Lakes Dragway i had the Zylstra racing crew help tune it further, making the stang go realy fast.Skotty say's this car will go 1.29 60 with some more tunning on same combo.
My engine realy like's the nitrous it run's better with it.it's a very small shot i don't even think it's listed on NOS chart cause it's so small,it's just enough to kik it in the ***.lol:D
Brian take's some good footage he use's a tripod,and tries to find a spot were people won't bump into his camera or talk while filming he go's way out down track find's a good spot.
Put some pick's up of the new shop let's see the new banner.
How is the truck coming along.did you get back out since the Byron race,how did you do.
The race at Byron was kik ***,good time's,even the camping out.man was that place packed,remember that Ford pro stock car, it was red and white who's car was that.that thing kik'd ***.
I'll be at your race event next year count on it.Dan.:)

#25 · (Edited)
I will have to post them up from my other PC I don't have the pics on this one. It's a small shop only 2500 sq/ft but a good starting point for now. Rich has suggested trying to get 2 events going next year, I will see what BJ says. I ran one more race after the Ford race with the HDRA went 10.51@128.55mph. I think that all it has in it with this converter. I am plannning on redoing the engine next year with Rich's help he is a great guy that knows his $#!+ ! Not gonna give too many details but shooting for 950hp N/A unless I sell the whole engine then may be going for 1100hp with a new block...

Right now the truck is at the shop getting as much weight as I can get out of it and all new wiring, trying to drop ~200#

#27 · (Edited)
The limiter is set at 6900,nitrous cut's off at 6600/1000ft.I heard the limiter bump twice on the 9.86 run,i'll need to raise the end limit to 7000,i'm realy pushn this motor,but havn fun.I'm shiftn to second realy early,i will be adjusting the msd box a bit for the next time out.

#28 ·
Told you those rods would hold that didn't I? The key is good prep, you are pushing their limit though do you plan on upgrading soon? Some good rods and better heads with an intake that the ports line up that thing will be capable of low nines-high eights.

If money had been there I was toying with the idea of throwing a 125 shot on mine just to get a nine second pass this year before I parked it. Hell if things go really good this week I might still do that, I think just enough of a shot to get past this sorry converter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.