460 Ford Forum banner

Best spark plugs and wires.

12K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Dale578 
#1 ·
Hello all. What's the best plug wire to use. Who has had the best luck and performance with their brand? I have a 578cid, 13.2:1 comp, A460 heads, mid .700 lift roller, Msd 7al and a Msd billet dist. Also, what plug should I use as a starting point. Thanks..................Dale.

#3 ·
The MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor wires have served me well, however, I'm not using a race only, high output ignition system (such as a MSD 7 or 10).

#6 ·
I'm running MSD 8.5's now and I'm very happy with them. I'll never buy another set of Accels. My truck spent almost 3 weeks sitting in the driveway before I finally narrowed down the problem to some near new Accel wires that were toast. They may work fine with a stock ignition but seems they can't handle the MSD stuff for too long. Taylor's would be my next buy, the 10mm wires.

#7 ·
A long time ago (when I was a kid), I purchased a complete Accel ignition system. I had trouble with the coil and wires.

#8 ·
I have tried Accel 300+, MSD, and now have the Morosos'. The Accels did fine for two years and then failed. The MSD units are nice and I swear the Morosos' look like they are made at the same place as the MSDs. I bought the Morosos' because they were blue instead of the red MSDs. They appear to be the same good quality. The crimping tools are much better with the MSD stuff and you get more extra pieces. I would go MSD universal fit and make them fit perfect. They will supply you with a nice strip gauge/crimping tool that you can put in the vise instead of that hammer deal. The Moroso stuff didn't come with anything but wires and ends.

David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.