460 Ford Forum banner

Np435 differences and yokes

8K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  hookin78 
#1 ·
i am having some trouble with the the smaller output shaft of the NP435 as its 28 spline and the only yoke i can seem to find is a stock one which i think is a 1330, and broke the yoke so welded on some metal straps all around it and clearanced it, now can keep a a u joint in it, so i want to switch to a 1410 joint so my question is how can i do this, can i just switch out the tail shaft to the bigger one that is a 32 or 35 spline that has a 1410 yoke option or have to change the whole tranny which will change my input shaft?

#2 ·
I used the tail shaft from a F 600 truck. and had the drive shaft from the truck made to fit between the trany and the transfer case. the larger imput will also go in but it is longer. i had to build a different rear mount as the tail shaft housing was different.

#3 · (Edited)
alright so i can take the larger output shaft and put it in the tranny that has the smaller shafts (one with 28 spline and 1 1/16 input)? i want to keep the smaller input for now so i dont have to change clutch discs. how many spline is on the shaft that you put it? i would like to switch from the 1330 to a 1410 joint. and i think i can if the larger shaft is either 32 or 35 spline which i think some of the larger np435 shafts are

#5 ·
alright ill look into it, i just changes just the tailhousing last week cuz when i broke the yoke and everything it actually broke where the housing mounts, so i need to find one with a bigger shaft and switch out the housing, shaft, and gears as they must have a bigger bore i would assume? what are u running for a yoke now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.