460 Ford Forum banner

Mud racing in VA

3K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  damage plan 
#1 ·
Got a nice race for all ya'll east coast Ford guys to come up and help me whip up on the Chevy people! Here's the site for details:

http://www.pofolkmuddin.com/

#3 ·
lol. Yeah, it's Lloyds place. He just borrow's the PoFolk's website for advertising purposes. He's teemed up with another guy Rob Vance who used to have a 79 F250 called Shear Force. Believe it or not, Lloyd and Rob have helped me out a bunch over the years. They would always cheer me on in the old F150 with a 200k on the odo 351w. I have quite a few trophys from that place!

#4 ·
Looks like a nice track! I checked it on the map and its about 3 hours north of me. Next month they are opening a new mud track close to my house (ECity) and also have a sand drag track. Both are running on Saturdays and plan to go to Green's on Sunday. Maybe we can get up your way some this season.

#8 ·
mountainstatemotorsports.com please visit this site for our summer schedule, truck/tractor pulling dates already set, mud racing events may be held same days with noon start times, still working on them. we had 3 events last year and had a blast. we're new to the mud stuff, but have a good pit and good grounds,if you've been there before we thank you,if not please check us out.

#9 ·
looks like it could be fun, but for the price of the entry fee's you guys may want to up the purse a little. Check the info on the PoFolks site and you'll see that they do a $35 entry fee for the dot tire classes and the pay out is much higher with a $350 for 1st.

Your place, your rules. Just makes it a little more worthwhile to travel a few hours if the money is there.

#10 ·
Checked out your site tonight...looks like a good place for pulling and mud bogs. I like your mud bog rules and agree with kjett, a little higher than most places with less payout. Do you payout more money if more trucks are in the class? Wish you good luck with your puller this season!

#18 ·
thanks guys for checking us out, like i said last year was our first year for the mud,and we are trying to get better purses. i take care of the pulling side of things, but at our meeting monday night there was talk about taking out the open class,to provide better payouts to the other classes. i can only ask that you keep checking back to mountainstatemotorsports.com before may 14,our first event,thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.