460 Ford Forum banner

Rebuilt 460 With GER C6 Transmission

6K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  MrScharfenberger 
#1 · (Edited)
SOLD AND GONE!!

I have a 460 Ford motor with a C6 for sale. You can see the engine run and drive right now. They are in my 1974 F-100. If you buy it I will pull it out and hand it over. I will just need the first weekend day to do it after you decide that you want it. The motor itself has less than 500 miles on it. The transmission is a GER built transmission and has less than 1000 miles on it. I have decided that I need a different truck and would like to change some things around in my driveway so I have decided to get rid of this truck and motor. I have a buddy who wants the truck without the drivetrain so that is why the motor and transmission only are up for sale. The motor is real nice and runs strong. It is a newly rebuilt motor with all quality parts & premium machine work that was done at Shively Speed Machine in Louisville. Below are the technical details of the motor. I'm a gearhead so feel free to ask me anything about it.

Engine:
D1VE block bored .030 over (so it is really a 466 cid engine)
Stock crank was turned ..010/.010
Stock rods were resized and premium ARP wavelock rod bolts installed.
Heads are D3VE-A2A's. The thermactor bump was ground out on the exhaust side and has mild port work with stock valves. Valve Springs are dual valve springs from Ford Racing. 1.73 Scorpion Pedestal mount roller rocker arms with CompCams pushrods. New valve seats were installed and a 3 angle valve job was done on the valves. Heads were also milled to make them flat again (I can't remember how much they were milled but it was a minimum amount. I think they were milled .007)
Cam is a Lunati VooDoo Cam Part Number 61602. Lift is .540/.552 Duration @ .050 is .219/.227 (here is a link to the cam on the Lunati website: http://www.lunatipower.com/Product.aspx?id=1680&gid=287 ) This is not a race cam. This is just a cam that makes a good bit more power than a stock 460 cam. It is very mild on the street but does have a nice sound to it at the stop lights!!
The internal engine kit is a Sealed Power kit from Summit Racing. It was one of their master rebuild kits with bearings, standard volume oil pump and premium FelPro gasket kit.. Pistons are hypereutectic flat tops with chromemoly rings. The motor is right around 9.2:1 compression ratio. Runs great on 87 octane gas.
The motor has a Edelbrock high volume water pump. There is also a CompCams double roller timing chain in it and the oil slinger is on.
The Harmonic balancer is a Summit Racing brand SFI spec damper. It was about $160 and is a very nice piece.
Intake Manifold is an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake.
Carbuerator is a Holley 750 Double Pumper that was purchased brand new in 2011 from Summit racing.
Distributor is a MSD billet vacume advance distributor. I can't remember the part number but the part number is right on it. It is also a very nice piece. The MSD 6AL ignition box DOES NOT come with it. Just the motor and everything attached to it.
Spark plug wires are Ford Racing wires.
Fuel Pump is a Carter Electric fuel pump. It is brand new and only 1 month old with 10 miles on it. I'll take that off the truck and throw it in as well.
The air cleaner is a Ford Racing chrome air cleaner I believe.
Cast Aluminium Ford Racing Valve Covers (These are $200 bucks all by themselves from Summit Racing)

Thats right... You get it all from Oil Pan to Air Cleaner. Just drop it in and go... You can see it run and drive but we won't go far because the truck is not registered but I will take you around the block just so you can hear it run. The motor was finished in Feburary of 2011. It was then dropped in the truck and broken in. I did the break in right as well. I took the inner valve spings off to break the cam in. I also had a bottle of CompCams break in juice in the oil for the break in so the cam and internals got plenty of Zinc. It is on it's 3rd oil change. I broke in the motor and then immediately changed the oil. I then changed the oil again this Spring because it has just sat in my barn for the last year with very little use. I've only put Valvoline 10W-40 in it along with Ford FL1A oil filters. The motor does not leak.

The transmisstion is a C6 that was built by GER in Pennsylvania. It is a transmission that is supposed to be able to handle up to 500 HP and it does have a shift kit in it. The transmission runs fine as well and shifts flawlessly. The motor is not 500 HP. I'd guess that the motor is somewhere between 370 and 400 HP. It is a very strong motor but is in no way radical. It is just a big inch old school motor that has been made to breath better than it ever did from the factory. If you happen to be buying this for a 1970's truck I'll even throw in the Heddman 1 7/8's headers. They are their coated headers but they rusted quick and look like crap. I'd never by Heddman Elite headers again but that is a story for another day...

I'm sure I've left some things out. If interested or have questions call Chris at 812-951-3268. I'm 10 minutes west of Louisville KY in Georgetown Indiana.

EDIT: I just realized that I did not state what had been done to the block at the machine shop so here it goes.
It was tanked when I brought it in. They had fresh chemicals in the tank because it took all the paint off.
Block was bored .030 over
Competition hone with a torque plate.
Block was decked a minimum amount to make it all flat again.
The mains were line honed with the new main bolts installed.
Heads were tanked
Heads were decked
3 angle valve job.
New valve seats were installed.
Heads were cut a little bit to accomodate the new valve spring seats.
Valves and springs were installed and seat pressure checked. Valve springs were shimmed where needed to make all seat pressures the same.
Crank was turned .010/.010
Rods were resized and new ARP wavelock rod bolts were installed but I think I stated that up top already.
Pistons and pins were pressed onto the rods.
Rotating assembly was balanced. It is an internally balanced engine.
I had over $1500 bucks into the machine shop alone to get the parts ready.

Asking $3500
New Price: $2950 I want to move this thing.
Located in Georgetown Indiana 10 minutes west of Louisville KY.

(6/21/2012) EDIT:
Below is the link to a startup video. I made it for DJW-Racing but I figured I'd post it on here as well. You may want to right click on the link and do a "Save Target As". That way you can download it to your computer and you can see the progress of the video. It is a large file. It is 223 MegaBytes so it may take 10 to 15 minutes to download depending on your internet connection speed.

http://www.PoweredByFordRace.com/F100/Startup.wmv

(6/19/2012)EDIT: I have some pictures for you

See less See more
#6 ·
Bump for a nice motor. Check out the video of the startup below.

EDIT:
Below is the link to a startup video. I made it for DJW-Racing but I figured I'd post it on here as well. You may want to right click on the link and do a "Save Target As". That way you can download it to your computer and you can see the progress of the video. It is a large file. It is 223 MegaBytes so it may take 10 to 15 minutes to download depending on your internet connection speed.

#9 · (Edited)

call Chris at 812-951-3268

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.