460 Ford Forum banner

Holley Dominator, list 4325 -- What is it?

11K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  mudbogtom 
#1 ·
Anyone ever heard of this list number? I sure can't find anything.

This is an older Dommy with the raised inlets over the carb top.

Thanks for any info on this carb,

Greg

#3 ·
Thanks, Lem.

I have not seen the carb, but a guy has one for sale and that's the number he says is on it.

It doesn't actually have a choke, but it does have the projected inlets over the venturis.

He is supposed to be double checking the number and getting back to me.

Greg

#10 ·
Yep
12R numbers are Holley engineering code for center sections. Every part has an "R" number - - screws are "5R-xxxx", gaskets are "8R-xxxx", etc...

#11 ·
Original 4575 carburetors were sold with a choke shaft with choke plates installed, (most people immediately removed them); there was no fast idle however.

#18 ·
Lem Evans said:
Greg_Pettit said:
Too late, the guy was selling the carb onb ebay, and it sold for approx 215.00.

I didn't want to buy a junk carb.

Still looking for something 1050 or 1150 though!

Greg
What application would this carb see ?
I have decided to go to a Dominator, up from the annular discharge 850 I have now on my 545.

Since I am upgrading the fuel pump I figured I might as well let a little more air in.

The engine has a Victor on it, ported Edelbrock CJ heads, 11.8:1 compression, 251/260 @ .050 cam, 2-1/8" headers and 3" exhaust.

Converter was built for around 3500 rpm stall, but it goes over that by a few hundred RPM.

This is a street (ahem) car, but I have heard of guys really getting those dominators to run crisply on the street on top of a big (relative term) motor.

Greg

#22 ·
Lem Evans said:
c.evans said:
Heck, you had 17 Dominators at one time, if you count those couple of sets of split Dominators!

Who was it, 25-30 years ago, that was buying up all the silver and hoarding the market. The Hunt brothers from Texas?
And , I've lost as much money as the Hunts did :lol:
Don't feel too bad for the Hunts, they're still doing pretty well. Between the oil, the KC Chiefs, and owning no small part of North Texas, they're managing to put food on the table.

Greg
Please let us know what kind of carb you end up with and how you like the driveability of it. I'm cointuniung to waffle between a 4150 and a 4500. I need to get out your way sometime and check out your little go cart. My junk is still in pieces.
Bill

#23 ·
Greg , I don't see why a dominator would be a problem for street use. I have never run mine on the street but for the last 10 years I have idled around the race pits, driven a couple of miles warming up the car before hitting the staging lanes, cranked it over and over going through the staging lanes, burned out and staged for racing and left the line at an idle.......all with no problems (last week went 9.67 et in qtr.@140 mph;not too bad for the ole 69 Mustang with 102 degrees outside.) I would put my 1150 "worked" dominator on the street tommorrow if my race car was street legal. This 1150 (old style w/air horns) has run equally well on my 466 and now on my 557. I am also running a 1000cfm barry grant on my 4speed street legal 1970 Cobra torino bored to .100 over. I don,t think its any better mannered than the 1150 dom. Hope this helps.

#24 ·
It's pretty easy to make a Dominator run decent on the street however, unless you have stock in a few oil wells ... they're pretty thirsty devils.

#25 ·
Greg,

A local speed shop has a Dominator for sale. I can find out what size it is. It's brand new. He said that he buys them from a distributor. They are new Holley's that were sent back under warranty. He buys them as "used" since Holley can't resell them again as new.

This thing looks brand new. I can get the info on it for you if you're interested. He's asking $550. I'd get it myself, but don't have the cash.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.