460 Ford Forum banner

64' Ford Falcon

5K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  SICTSIX 
#1 ·
She's finally finished 16 months after picking her up as a Chevy powered roller with lots of issues. I decided to strip this car down to the bare Art Morrison Chassis and glad I did, found lots of issues along the way. Built a 521 pump gas engine for it and hope to hit the track in 2 weeks.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Awesome! That's one sweet Falcon (My favorite year too)

That looks like it will be a good race car. What heads?

#6 ·
Thanks guys, I'm hoping this is going to be a good race car for me. I built the engine to run on pump gas. It has the Scat 521 rotating assembly with the 4340 crank, H-beams with ARP 2000's and Mahle dish pistons.....just under 10:1 compression with the Trick Flow Streets for heads. Cam is a comp .750 roller from Lem. Holley 950HP on top of a Victor 4150 intake. JW Bell and Flexplate to a Hughes Powerglide and Converter. Braced 9" Ladder Bar, 4:29 pro gear, 33 spline Moser axles. Hoping to run bottom 10's and slow it down on occasion to run some 10.60 D/Gaas. I let my license go after selling the 56' Ford and I don't want to wear all the heavier safety gear during the summer, so if it dips into the 9's I have the throttle stop to slow it down. I'll post more pics, maybe some before and afters.

#7 · (Edited)
Here are some interior before and afters, including the wiring that "was". I bought the dash pieces individually and restored them by hand, I was emberassed to take a before pic of these......after they came out looking like this I wish I had.

Attachments

#14 ·
Made my first trip to the track today. After "massaging" the tubs a little to get the bigger tires to fit it ran a 10.21 @ 130 on the first full pass. The car hooked solid while everyone else was spinning, looking forward to the all Ford race tomorrow.

#15 ·
An excellent first pass time-slip!

Cool. What's next?

#18 ·
Well, all in all it was a fun day. The car went 10.15 @ 134mph with a slight cross/tailwind on both time runs. Eliminations were going pretty well until round 4 when my torque converter decided to take a dump on me. Staged, set the brake, matted the pedal and as the tree came down the rpm suddenly went from 5000 to about 2000. Went back to the pits and it repeated the same thing. It is a new Hughes Pro V seies with just the 8 passes from this weekend on it. On a high note, the part I built(engine) performed flawlessly. We were shooting for 10.00 and almost hit it right on the nose. Converter has a one year warranty, haha.....think I may go back to my local guy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.