460 Ford Forum banner

485 cu.in. build

8K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  hookin78 
#1 ·
I am considering changing my pulling truck to a 485 cu inch class and was wondering what would be the best combo. I now have a 4.14 stroke crank and .080 over bore and P-51 heads. The max bore spacing alowed is 4.9 inches. Any heads are allowed ecept Hemi. Single four barrel carb. no sheet metal or tunnel ram manifolds. Thanks for your input.

#2 ·
A 1.25 CD +.080 stroker piston with a 7.1 rod and an offset ground factory crank will net you 483 cubic inches with a 1.82:1 R/S ratio.

;)

#3 ·
I have a few engines out there in that class with a slightly different set-up for lower budget.
Offset ground FORD crank to Mopar journal size and 3.975" stroke; a bushed pin end Mopar 440 rod 6.760" long, (could be aftermarket replacement or not) and a 4.390" bore with a piston compression height of 1.560".

Those P-51 heads and a Trick Flow Dominator manifold with a 1,250cfm carb. A custom cam to match your vehicle and running gear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.