460 Ford Forum banner

What's everyone workin on?

21K views 106 replies 31 participants last post by  575ciBronco 
#1 ·
What do you guys got tore apart right now? Lets see some pics!!

I am currently planning an engine of some sort, lots of decisions to make and money to scrounge up. My father in law picked up another '79 from a member on this site that he will be running this year. Should be a decent runner, a far better rig then what he was running. It has a 521 on n2o.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
This one is going to be a ranger for me. my wife is taking over the step side! That pic is a couple weeks old have since built my extended radius arms, and have been working on the rear suspension. It is a 95 Ranger frame I widened out to fit the bronco TTB front x-member in. I am bumping up a class so it opens up a whole new world on my limitations. The engine will set 6in behind the centerline of the front axle! which is just about 13in farther back than it is in the step side.

Derrick

#5 ·
as I got it

Im working on getting my 79 together. Swapt out 1/2 ton for 1 ton dana 60 front and sterling 10.25 rear. Pushed front axle ahead 6 or so inchs Took out the tired 351m put in stock 460 and now im working on transmission cross member.
Heres a pix

Still a lot of work and hopefully sourcing out some race parts to built a mean motor

#7 ·

Hopefully get some ladder bars built and installed. Add a 300 shot and go play. I am going to go mainly to the Friday nite shootouts for cash and the heck with the points race.

In the mean time keep working slowly on a big cube engine in case the 300 shot don't work as planned LOL.

Mark

#9 ·
I'm sure that's all you're doing!!!

Hopefully making a ton of headway this year on the Orange truck. Lot of cutting and welding and massaging to get the old girl MRA Super Stock legal. It was fun the first time around, but, we're a tick smarter now, and we might get hurt, lol.

#13 · (Edited)
Nothing too over the top for me. 69 2wd bumpside on a 79 4x4 dentside frame. 460/c6/np205 d44/9". 6" super lift coils up front with home-made extended radius arms, and going to build my own shackle flip and extended shackles for the rear. I suppose I could update my build thread. LOL

here is the "donor" body.

Frame all stripped down and cleaned up a bit (except for the rear axle, so I don't have to use all my tall jackstands and to add a little stability)

Here is the engine/trans bolted into place.

Here is one of my extended radius arms all painted up.

#15 ·
What year ranger you building? Im building one myself this winter just haven't had time to get any pics up yet.
the cab is 95! Not sure on what year of front clip i am going to use yet.

Derrick

#19 ·
Someone was looking for pics of a front axle moved forward. This is mine, stretched 15" forward, 38s in the front, one pic with 35" paddles, one with 39s on the back

Attachments

#22 ·
I got a little more done this weekend! Still a long way to go but i'm gaining!

Derrick

Attachments

#26 ·
I'm hoping to get it really light! (Around 3,000lbs) Before I had everything cut out of the cab I set it up on the frame by myself and now with everything cut out I can pick it up with one arm!:D Going to add a little weight with the 10 point cage tho.

Derrick

#27 ·
I was trying to get it together for some races last fall....But I just have way to many projects going on at once. Haha. It will pretty much just be a trail rig for now. It has a 429/c6/203. 60's front and rear. I had a 514 for it but bought a car and it got priority. As soon as the snow goes I will get it together.

#28 ·
More progress! I mounted the seat tonight it is going to be a tight squeeze!:D

Ended up with a 12 point cage i'm just hanging the body skins on the cage total body right now only weighs roughly 150lbs I really excited to get the rest of the weight into the truck (engine, trans, fuel cell, ect..) so I can get it on the four corner scale!

Derrick

Attachments

#30 ·
Thanks Myron, Here are a few more pics my phone takes crappy pics and my shop is a mess but oh well been busy haven't had enough time to pick up! lol

Derrick

Attachments

#31 ·
575ciBronco, what front tires are those? Are they custom cut?

#33 ·
mine got a few thing's... new rims and tire's got rid of the TSL's on the front and got some 38x11's front on 8" aluminum rims, then picked up some more 38.5x15 bogger's and put them on 10" aluminum rim's touched up the paint and finally got the name on it... also it got a new transmission that i re built since the old one cracked the case and i lost second completely and first was nearly shot to. engine is back in and its back up and ready to go, hopefully gonna make it to a race Saturday with it....

best pics i have of what it looked like with the TSL's on front and black steel wheel's

and now with the new rims and stickers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.