HUGE event in Chillicothe, IL - 460 Ford Forum
460 Ford Forum  
Go Back   460 Ford Forum > Full Race Tech > 4x4's, Pullers, Crawlers and other HD rides

4x4's, Pullers, Crawlers and other HD rides We don't need no stinkin' asphalt!

460Ford.com is the premier 460 Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-13-2013, 06:42 AM

ultimatehellhound Driving a Ford
Default HUGE event in Chillicothe, IL

Redneck Rally Labor Day weekend in Chillicothe, IL

http://www.facebook.com/ThreeSisters...ckRally?ref=hl

Mud drags, hill and hole, and the "Fluffy Bunny" obstacle course. You think you have the baddest truck in the country? Come prove it on "Fluffy Bunny". The rules and payouts will be posted soon. I will say this much on the rules, theres way less then your probably used to. The bands are officially signed. Saving Able and Hillbilly Herald on Saturday Night. Kentucky Headhunters and Pop Evil on Sunday night. This is no joke folks, go to the link above for more info an I hope to see you all there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2013, 09:06 PM

EWmudracing First On Race Day

Well if my new motor gets done in time we will be seeing you there. I was hoping it would be done for the HOI fair race but thats not going to happen.

David
Old 07-13-2013, 09:55 PM

Ill be at The HOI race passing out flyers. Three Sisters Park wants this to turn I to the redneck version of Summer Camp and do it every year. If you guys want to see something happen with the racing side of it let me know, I'm in charge of them. The set of rules is a trimmed down version of all the local rules. No vacuum requirements, no stupid shifter rules, ect. The tracks will be the equalizer, especially "The Fluffy Bunny" obstacle course. The biggest motor or tires will not be a distinct advantage on that course. You will have to turn, you will have to have the best all around rig to win. Run you Corvette if you want or run your Mega Truck, either one will net you a loss.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:23 PM

bsfarmer First On Race Day

I haven't been able to get my truck ready for racing this year due to family health issues but I'll drag my old Bronco down there if everyone is healthy at home so I can get away for a weekend. Got some buddies in the Ottawa area with some megas I'll see if they can make it down!
Old 07-15-2013, 07:59 AM

575ciBronco First On Race Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatehellhound View Post
Ill be at The HOI race passing out flyers. Three Sisters Park wants this to turn I to the redneck version of Summer Camp and do it every year. If you guys want to see something happen with the racing side of it let me know, I'm in charge of them. The set of rules is a trimmed down version of all the local rules. No vacuum requirements, no stupid shifter rules, ect. The tracks will be the equalizer, especially "The Fluffy Bunny" obstacle course. The biggest motor or tires will not be a distinct advantage on that course. You will have to turn, you will have to have the best all around rig to win. Run you Corvette if you want or run your Mega Truck, either one will net you a loss.

So whats this "Fluffy Bunny" consist of ........

Derrick
Old 07-15-2013, 10:34 AM

Not to let the cat completely out of the bag but imagine a S shaped track with burmed turns that have big holes at the bottom. Carry enough speed and you can use the berms to make the turns. If you don't your bogging through the turns. There will also be some other surprises thrown in there like staggered telephone poles, random holes, and a big finish jump ino a huge mud filled hole that's progressively shallower the farther you get from the jump. I'm sure we will add some other demented features in on top of those but if you win the top class it's $1,000 guaranteed money. That's subject to increase if our prospective sponsor approves it.

There will be a side by side 250' mud drag track, and a side by side 250' hill and hole track also.

There hasn't been an opertunity to race in front of this many fans in years and we plan on making it interesting enough that they will want to see more next year. This is our chance to make this sport big again like it used to be back in the day. Ill also add that all classes are 100 percent payback unless a major sponsor puts up some big money.

I'm a racer myself and I know what you guys want and deserve. We are doing everything in our power to take care of you guys. You are the entertainment during the day and deserve to be treated that way.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:46 PM

I've said for years whoever brings a TGW style event to the Midwest and brings in music acts and makes a festival out of it will make a ton of money. There's been attempts at Ramsey and Murrayville and they were a hit, but I think this has the opportunity to knock it out of the park. I've always wanted to build a mega truck but kinda got into the racing thing because that's whats going on locally. Hopefully its a big hit.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:25 AM

Here you go guys. Weekend passes are $65 in advance and $75 at the gate. Pit passes are $15 and not only get you in the pits all weekend but get you into the after party where wet t contest and bikini contests are held.

Now here's the info I was hoping for. If you show up with a truck to race you pay NOTHING!!!!! The driver gets in free. You will still have to pay for the classes your running and that's for payout money since its 100 percent payback.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:26 PM

The bog rules are now on the website.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:29 AM

Old 07-29-2013, 08:30 PM

There's been a change to the schedule. The first 3 classes for hill and hole will be run on Saturday, not Sunday. Oh and the drag rules are the same as the hill and hole rules. Also the "Fluffy Bunny" is 1 class of run what you brung, and hope you brung enough. You guys make a good showing and next year will be absolutely insane. You want the biggest event in the history of Mud? We have the room, the sponsors, and the backing to make it happen. Tell me what you want and Ill do my best to make it happen.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:14 PM

We have been moving dirt for 5 days now. The drag lanes are done minus adding water and a few more passes between with the cultivator. I will tell you right now that when we added water if you put pressure on your boot and pull back on your foot be prepared to leave your boot where it was. 250' long track with 1/2 a mile of shutdown. 100 percent payback in every class. If you guys miss this your insane.

The hill and hole bog tracks are sculpted perfectly with a rock hard bottom and back filled with dirt. We had some seriously experienced guys building these tracks and there will not be the typical downtime for stuck trucks that most venues suffer from. We have dug 2 250'x30' bog tracks. One is for the lower classes and one is for the upper classes. These are not designed to stick your truck, but to be fast with mud flying.

This is the upper class bog track. The transitions aren't near as nasty as the look in this photo. Also this is befor they were back filled.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:29 PM

Cool

Also don't forget the fact that Saving Able, Pop Evil, Kentucky Headhunters, and Hillbilly Herald are playing that weekend along with a ton of local bands. There won't be 30 seconds of that entire weekend that something is not happening.

The Fluffy Bunny course is $1,000 guaranteed to the fastest truck through and I'm serious when I say that if you think you will blow through it in less then a minute, your completely insane.

You guys want to race in front of thousands of people? We delivered the event to make that happen. Welcome back to the good old days.

Go look at the Facebook page or search "EVE Motorsports on Facebook for more info.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:39 PM

575ciBronco First On Race Day

I just wish it wasn't labor day weekend I would love to be there.......

Derrick
Old 08-20-2013, 10:05 PM

Is there any plans for maybe in the future to have a open play pit if its a success this year?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.