Guns - Page 8 - 460 Ford Forum
460 Ford Forum  
Go Back   460 Ford Forum > Non-Tech Topics > Chilly's Garage

Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

460Ford.com is the premier 460 Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:52 AM

White Lightning First On Race Day

Very nice Chris. Size wise it's comparable to the old Colt Officers model...one of my favorite sized .45 ACPs.
Rob
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2013, 10:42 AM

MrScharfenberger First On Race Day
Default Rock River?

Has anybody heard of Rock River Arms Company? My local gun shop is selling these for $850 (See link below). I don't know anything about them other than they are American made in Illinois and they come with a life time warranty. I was thinking about getting one because I didn't want to pay a premium price for a Colt LE6920. $850 seems to be a decent price for what it is. I was just seeking some input because I was considering getting one and am very limited in my knowledge on this subject.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/82137
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2013, 03:37 PM

J. Shelfo Sr. First On Race Day

I searched Rock River out, found that they make a very good weapon. Im in Calif. and they would not ship to me, so I bought a Daniel Defense M4.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:38 PM

1972Mach1 First On Race Day

Chris, Rock River is a good brand of AR, and one of the biggest names out there. Are they "the best"? No, but they're definitely far from the worst. That's a really decent price for one. We use a lot of their stripped lowers when building a custom gun. Let me see.....Ummmmmm....to put it in BBF terms, they're a set of aluminum TFS 290 street heads. 90% of people would be more than happy to have them

Lucas
Old 08-26-2013, 06:44 PM

MrScharfenberger First On Race Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Shelfo Sr. View Post
I searched Rock River out, found that they make a very good weapon. Im in Calif. and they would not ship to me, so I bought a Daniel Defense M4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972Mach1 View Post
Chris, Rock River is a good brand of AR, and one of the biggest names out there. Are they "the best"? No, but they're definitely far from the worst. That's a really decent price for one. We use a lot of their stripped lowers when building a custom gun. Let me see.....Ummmmmm....to put it in BBF terms, they're a set of aluminum TFS 290 street heads. 90% of people would be more than happy to have them

Lucas
Hey thanks for the replies guys. It helps. I went into the shop to check out the new Windham Weaponary AR and the guy behind the counter was trying to sell me on the Rock River. They had a lot of Rock Rivers so I'm guessing that is why the price was so low. I just didn't know anything about them and I'm always skeptical when a sales guy is trying to push something.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:54 PM

Filucky Driving a Ford

an ar15 in 223/556 with soft point rounds is WAY safer then a hand gun or shotgun in a home. The AR round will not penetrate both pieces of drywall! A .45 with a hollow point round will not expand when it hits drywall, it just loads the hollow point with sheetrock and now its a round nose and will penetrate many walls before coming to a stop. The high speed and light weight of the 223/556 is perfect, it goes through body armor like butter but not through a wall into your kids room. Please look into this it could save someones life if you ever have to shoot in a home!

Ps. its very important what ammo you choose, the 40 grain V-Max is great for home defense. In my AR I like a double 30 round mag setup with 25 rounds in each mag (don't kill the springs when sitting along time). Also next to my AR is my HK USP45, Saiga 12, 380 ruger and my personal favorite my suppressed walther p22 so I can choose the right weapon accordingly lol

Last edited by Filucky; 08-28-2013 at 02:43 PM. Reason: added some info
Old 08-28-2013, 09:17 PM

fordguy69 First On Race Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScharfenberger View Post
I finally got a Springfield XDS .45 ACP. I found it on CheaperThanDirt.com for $559. It is a very nice piece. I only have about 200 rounds through it so far but it has worked flawlessly since new.

Next Stop: Smith and Wesson .44 Magnum 629. That will have to wait for a bit though. It is about $950 and I have a Mustang to finish first.

If you haven't gotten a carry holster yet, check out Crossbreed Holsters. I use their mini tuck for my XDS and it's a fantastic set up. Disappears even with tee shirt and shorts. Actually my wife and I use Crossbreeds for everything we own. IMHO, the best holsters made.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/Ho...6/Default.aspx
Old 08-30-2013, 04:36 AM

supervel45 First On Race Day

Quote:
It came with a trigger lock and it is attached right now. I even keep the ammo in a completely separate location.
Keep it in your belt loaded, then it might serve its purpose. Not trying to be a smartass either, but when the SHTF you will not likely have any warning, been there done that, unloaded locked guns are worthless when you really need one.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Well get this... In Indiana there is not a class to take. You go to the Sheriff's office to obtain the paperwork. If they see fit to give you the paperwork and sign it for you then you pay the $150 bucks to the Sheriff’s office and go about your business with a license to carry a concealed weapon. ......I guess they can tell just by looking at you if you are crazy or not.

Please keep in mind that I have not done this yet. But that is what the sales guy at the gun store told me you had to do to get your concealed carry permit here in Indiana. Seems kind of scary to me..
What scares me more is you have to go ask the police to exercise your second amendment right. Texas is a shall issue state, but believe it or not one of the few states that bans open carry. The criminals don't care in Houston, they carry anyway.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supervel45 View Post
Keep it in your belt loaded, then it might serve its purpose. Not trying to be a smartass either, but when the SHTF you will not likely have any warning, been there done that, unloaded locked guns are worthless when you really need one.
X 1K. I carry condition 1 and know where my weapons are at all times (out of reach of any one that shouldn't be touching them). It's just responsible gun ownership.
Rob
Old 08-30-2013, 09:46 AM

Well, there you go. Old Obammer slid another 'EXEC' order in on us. (sigh) I'm not going to say what I'm feeling right now about this piece of sheite.
Rob
Old 08-30-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lightning View Post
Well, there you go. Old Obammer slid another 'EXEC' order in on us. (sigh) I'm not going to say what I'm feeling right now about this piece of sheite.
Rob
So what did our communeist in chief do now?
Old 08-31-2013, 11:02 AM

Banned the re-import of "military" firearms and imposed a fingerprint requirement for employment with companies that own their own firearms so that "Felons aren't allowed to have access to firearms through their employer........and this is going to be able to protect poor little children from big bad guys and prevent things like Sandy Hook from happening". wtF!!!??? I'm telling 'ya people, this moron and his lackeys are focused on dis arming the general populous for some reason that I'm not quite sure of yet......Maybe the NWO bull s*it??? Better open your eyes.......
http://www.examiner.com/article/obam...-gang-violence
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...,4566738.story
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.1440413
All hail king obama
Rob

Last edited by White Lightning; 08-31-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:44 PM

So much for the M1 carbines from South Korea and Garands that where given away, and payed for with our tax money. Plus alot of other nice antique weapons too. Is a Luger, P38, 1911 ect. going to included, or just long guns? Also just another way to fingerprint everyone and get them in a database. DNA will be next, you will see. Only going will get worse.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:27 PM

OMG.
Rob
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.